Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

thatcher in 'still dead' shocker

I'm sure plenty had small celebrations by themselves, or with one or two companions. People were celebrating in their heads, and I think that's enough for some. Also, there were other grumpy party-poopers who said that they wouldn't roll out the bunting until Thatcherism was dead. People here did complain at those misery-gutses, but what can you do?

fuck-the-thatcher-legacy.jpg

She's still so dead that they want to erect a statue. You can comment on the proposed designs here:-

http://www.margaretthatcherstatue.org/artist_impressions_of_mtstatue_are_released

:D

to quote one of the characters in Steve Bell's "If" cartoon in the Grauniad, on returning to the Isle of Dogs after many years away, and having Canary Wharf explained to him as being a monument to the Thatcher era,

Wouldn't a relatively inexpensive and classically simple large bucket of shit be more appropriate?

Usually ashes are scattered over the ground but this time they are buried in their oak casket. Why, I wonder.

For the great witch thatcher to be [long overdue] dead the great with had to live first unfortunately for me and millions of other people the "living" part of the great witch thatcher was the nightmare

I note that the image on the label is a homage not to one of the right's favourite politicians, but two of them! ;)

:D

I was only thinking about Godwin's law the other day and how (AFAIK) no comparable memetic tool effectively ridicules hyperbolic comparison of leftists/Marxists with Stalin. I hereby claim that the Mail's conflation of Miliband (Snr)'s Marxism with Stalin's dictatorship contravenes "Brogdale's Law":D

Thatch's continued deadness emphasised in Saturday's Graun review of Jonathan Aitken's just-released biography of the old,. dead witch :

Simon Hoggart said:
Years ago I asked a section editor on the paper for which I then worked whether he was going to employ a particular journalist. "No, I won't," he replied, "because he is an incompetent, lazy, stupid, arrogant plagiariser, who can't even write. And I speak as a friend of his."

Which is rather the way Jonathan Aitken speaks of his friend Margaret Thatcher. Here is just a selection of the words he uses to describe her – either deploying his own judgment or that of people he quotes : phoney, bullying, obnoxious, hypocritical, deplorable, unpleasant, alienating, opportunistic, confrontational, monomaniacal, disloyal, dysfunctional, snarky, pedestrian, hesitant, insufferably rude, foolish, arrogant, grudge-bearing and an anachronistic bigot.

And as for her downfall :

As Above said:
When the "stalking donkey", Anthony Meyer, stood against her in 1989, she had a good campaign team in place, but the whips warned her that on top of the handful of votes Meyer got, there were all the abstentions, spoiled ballots and dozens of MPs who had to be arm-twisted into supporting her. The situation was therefore far more dangerous than it appeared. She brushed their fears aside as the hobgoblins of lesser minds, and a year later insouciantly cleared off to Paris for a ceremonial summit, which she could easily have skipped. But she loved mingling with world leaders, and telling them where they were wrong.

Meanwhile, she left behind as her campaign manager Peter Morrison, a lazy alcoholic, who believed all the fake pledges of support and spent much of the campaign asleep, drunk or both.

:D :) :cool:

Just when you thought they couldn't discredit the Royal Mail anymore they do this to them.
Having said that I have got some stamps with Hitler on somewhere, he too is allegedly dead!

Back
Top Bottom