Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Terrorist attacks and beheadings in France

The killer was a refugee so back to Chechnya have fun dodging the HINDS.
Or Sudan Saudi Syria Afghanistan Somali. Glorious peace loving countries where those attitudes are welcome.
Europe doesn't need savages. It's not difficult you don't have to like others you just can't use violence on people who don't agree with you.
Don't like that?
We will comprise you can use violence against those that insult the prophet.
Others can use violence against Muslims oh but wait your a tiny minority, guess you should have gone with the tolerance approach.

Just making sure you were talking about this individual.

Kind of teacher you still remember decades later. Depressing as fuck that she should receive complaints.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant i wondered if she had received complaints, i don't know if she did, but I'm wondering now again, reading this, if she did.

My youngest is in year 5 now and they get to watch Newsround in class but are told off if they make 'rude' comments about Donald Trump.

Yes, they'd share the same less rich experience. Because of leveling down, to accommodate those who are offended that others don't comply with their religious rules! Apparently, an ideal so worthy that, for some here, it justifies tacitly blanming a worker for his own brutal murder by a right-wing extremist.

And showing the images to those who wanted to see them would in no way preclude the sort of discussion you mention.
Fair points...but...as stated earlier, the point at which you invite self-exclusion on the basis that offence might result, has the unfortunate consequence of legitimising the religious rule under consideration. Paty's employers should have set the parameters for professional choice of content; if it's not appropriate for all students, it's not appropriate.

Fair points...but...as stated earlier, the point at which you invite self-exclusion on the basis that offence might result, has the unfortunate consequence of legitimising the religious rule under consideration. Paty's employers should have set the parameters for professional choice of content; if it's not appropriate for all students, it's not appropriate.

It is a legitimate rule, for those who choose to subscribe to that religion. People can make religious choices, but they alone should bear the consequences of those choices; we didn't ought to expect society to live by their religious rules.

Do you extend that to the teaching of evolution or the carrying out of dissections? Which other things do all students have to miss out on because some students (or, more often, parents) might object?

Fair enough. This is the first time I've noticed you engaging in such dishonesty though.
Well, me admitting i do it on daft threads and this not being one should give you pause for thought. This teachers has repeatedly been characterised as i suggested - as basically telling muslim pupils that it's tough shit, there's the door. And with no basis for this being presented as fact. You know this. You know how it's been done, you know the language chosen to give that impression. You know how it's been done.

It is a legitimate rule, for those who choose to subscribe to that religion.
But it's not leginate to force that rule on others.
Unfortunately if your religious views are not the majority you shit out of luck if you expect non believers to follow your rules.
You can see from Muslim majority countries that Islam has zero tolerance for atheists. UK is multicultural that doesn't mean pandering to the intolerant who want to use Faith as an excuse for hate.
Get fundie about mercy and forgiveness.

Last edited:
Well, me admitting i do it on daft threads and this not being one should give you pause for thought. This teachers has repeatedly been characterised as i suggested - as basically telling muslim pupils that it's tough shit, there's the door. And with no basis for this being presented as fact. You know this. You know how it's been done, you know the language chosen to give that impression. You know how it's been done.
You said "... fuck off and leave the white kids to it".

Mendacious tosh.

I pretty much agree with Danny. on the actualities of any such lesson approach in this subject, I also think though going out of your way to be unnecessarily provocative is crass and foolish. Not because it risks being beheaded but for practical reasons. You don’t engage people in your ideas, open up discussion by offending them and everything they believe in.
Of course there is a big discussion and one I think that has been unfolding as to where this line is drawn. For some, the mere raising of certain issues may be deemed offensive. They cannot be afforded the moral wait to deny these subjects are discussed.

agree with you up until the last sentence.

Back
Top Bottom