Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taskmaster

I was howling at the directions challenge, it was so silly but wonderful. Sarah was so bad and Charlotte was hilarious.

I’m really not excited about the new line up but I’ve been surprised before.

I have seen a couple or three female stand ups complaining that Taskmaster has too many female contestants who aren't stand ups whereas the vast majority of the men are.

There was also lots of complaints from stand ups when Emily Atack got a (admittedly woeful) itv2 show with stand up and sketches cos she'd never done stand up before.

Similarly I heard an interview with Ian Hislop where he said Paul Merton didn't like him for the first 10 years of HIGNFY cos he'd never done stand up and died pn stage on front of pissed up.scousers on a Friday night in Up the Creek type of thing.

Quite precious aren't they, stand ups.

Wonder how they feel about Morgana Robinson? She's not a stand up iirc but is hilarious
Fuck off Gromit

I like Guz and the last line up that had 3 women in was great. They're always full of posh oxbridge types but most the time it's ignorable

Dunno what’s wrong with that line up.
Seems pretty standard to me
Can't stand Alan Davies, he should go back to biting tramps.
VCM can be hit or miss and it's really dependent on how smug she is that day. I mean, she is quite clever and all, but I know plenty of clever people and most of them aren't quite so proud of the fact as she is.

Edit: I suppose that seems unfair to tramps, but I can't think of a use for Alan Davies.

Dunno what’s wrong with that line up.
Seems pretty standard to me
It’s underwhelming. I’m usually really excited by at least a couple on each line-up.
Alan Davies is a dreadful person apparently. I think Coren-Mitchell could be good. I like Desiree Burch. I don’t really know the other two but I hope Robinson doesn’t do impersonations all the time. I hate impersonations.
We’ll see. Even when it’s a bit shit it’s still better than almost every other comedy series.

Can't stand Alan Davies, he should go back to biting tramps.
VCM can be hit or miss and it's really dependent on how smug she is that day. I mean, she is quite clever and all, but I know plenty of clever people and most of them aren't quite so proud of the fact as she is.

Edit: I suppose that seems unfair to tramps, but I can't think of a use for Alan Davies.
On the podcast Alex said that VCM argues every little point with a logic that makes Greg furious.
I can imagine her being pedantic and am very much looking forward to seeing it writ large.

Also all the contestants say how funny and nice Charlotte is, but that her humour doesn't necessarily come over in this.

Also also Alex said that Mike is the most lusted after contestants ever, and that this amplified after his mohawk. He stated that under his suit Mike has a cracking body, and that he's quite a physical bloke, hence in episode 1 where he easily jumped the fence in a fluid move. This only makes me like him more

Also also Alex said that Mike is the most lusted after contestants ever, and that this amplified after his mohawk. He stated that under his suit Mike has a cracking body, and that he's quite a physical bloke, hence in episode 1 where he easily jumped the fence in a fluid move. This only makes me like him more

You can see that in the bit where he trips over the sandpit this episode, thats a perfect arch of kicked dirt and he goes right over like a pro. For all his Dad aura he's been fairly physical throughout.

And now I'm laughing about his colon again fucks sake.

Yeah he fell really well and all the positions he got into when he was trying to fart too.
I have such a crush.

When this series just gone started I thought the line up was decidedly meh, and that Mike only got an in because of Man Down, which is hilarious incidentally, didn't know Sarah, Jamali didn't seem to know the show or Greg and looked like he could care less about being there and Charlotte was the irritating one from Fresh Meat. How wrong I was. It's been stupendous. I have a crush on Victoria for her mind mostly and I would love to wind Greg up with logic. Can't wait!

And the farting Mike bit will never not be funny.

I've loved this series. I was worried I would find Lee Mack irritating but I even found him enjoyable to watch.

I'm completely in love with Mike.

Alan Davies can't be the contestant who Greg constantly picks on for S12- that's his role on QI, it HAS to be VCM, especially with Mr VCM fronting a rival/replacement show on Dave.

I've taken to watching old series when I get in from work. I'm watching series 8 this week. The one where they have to sneak up on Alex at a railway station - where he pops up for 30 seconds to look and pops down again. It's genius.

I've just about finished my second watch-through, with only S8 to go (not rewatching S11 this early). Easily the worst series from what I remember of the first watch.

Back
Top Bottom