Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taskmaster

Is it just me or is it a bit shit now?
Last series was a bit duff, but this one is just flatlining.

I don't think it's all down to the contestants, they just don't seem to have a lot to work with. The tasks are 90% utter shit. Greg in the studio trying to find and comment on amusing things the contestants did in the VTs is embarrassing to watch.

It's perhaps a mix of everything, but something is really off.

Completely disagree. I think this series is excellent. I've been a fan since series 1 and there have been a couple of duff series where people just don't gel or it doesn't come across well - I'm thinking of the last series (although that was a victim of being the first post Covid I think) and the one with Liza Tarbuck and Tim Vine. But this series is great - I particularly think Mike Wozniak is amazing (I'd only ever seen him in Man Down) and the whole fart thing last night had me actually crying with laughter.

We are only on episode 5, but I think I've only made a 'ha' sort of noise once (my daughter does about two to three per episode I think but she's a teenager and they have a lower threshold).

I do like Wozniak, but in general something is not clicking. Maybe I never liked it.

We are only on episode 5, but I think I've only made a 'ha' sort of noise once (my daughter does about two to three per episode I think but she's a teenager and they have a lower threshold).

I do like Wozniak, but in general something is not clicking. Maybe I never liked it.

I wonder if they considered making the fart task an actual task.
The men would have all been up for it as would Sarah.
Charlotte is quite sweet and demure though, would she let rip on camera?

Contestants are a bit weak this series. Lee Mack is old fashioned but tries, just not that funny. Charlotte Richie is basically asleep. Sarah is ok but low key energy.

Mike and Jamal save it though.

Contestants are a bit weak this series. Lee Mack is old fashioned but tries, just not that funny. Charlotte Richie is basically asleep. Sarah is ok but low key energy.

Mike and Jamal save it though.
I don't know. I don't think I find Jamal very good at all. He doesn't seem to try or even want to. Maybe that's his thing.
Like you said, Lee is trying and Mike is fun. The trouble is that nobody is really thinking out of the box and perhaps the tasks of this and the last series (for the most part) don't really let them.

This is the weakest series by a long way, despite Wozniak awesomeness. Not buying the 'lock down / social distancing' excuse, as I loved series ten (Mawaan 😍 ). Lee Mack is best known for playing a man-child, so I don't want him in the role of (to quote Greg Davies) the resident old person.

I have seen a couple or three female stand ups complaining that Taskmaster has too many female contestants who aren't stand ups whereas the vast majority of the men are.

There was also lots of complaints from stand ups when Emily Atack got a (admittedly woeful) itv2 show with stand up and sketches cos she'd never done stand up before.

Similarly I heard an interview with Ian Hislop where he said Paul Merton didn't like him for the first 10 years of HIGNFY cos he'd never done stand up and died pn stage on front of pissed up.scousers on a Friday night in Up the Creek type of thing.

Quite precious aren't they, stand ups.

Wonder how they feel about Morgana Robinson? She's not a stand up iirc but is hilarious

As Lee Mack pointed out on the accompanying podcast- Charlotte is the complete double of Margot Kidder/Lois Lane.
Never noticed it before and I've been a fan of her comedies for years.
921_v9_bb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom