Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taskmaster

One of the things always meant to watch but didn't, no Freeview or TV so not a priority. Caught the new series on 4od a couple of weeks ago and it's brilliant. Proper old style "whose line is it anyway" comedy.

Watching the first series during the weekdays and points I've had to pause because I'm in physical pain. I think it was the 'make this Swedish person blush' task that really sealed it as absolute comedy gold.

Yeah, even the sarcasm and competitiveness are fluffy and loving

I have seen a few clips of the US version and it so doesn't work because it doesn't have this ^
The contestants were really nasty to Alex Horn and really genuinely aggressive, mean, rude :(

I have seen a few clips of the US version and it so doesn't work because it doesn't have this ^
The contestants were really nasty to Alex Horn and really genuinely aggressive, mean, rude :(
Oh I don't like that! :mad:

Shame about the ads though. Haven’t seen tv ads in years and there’s sometime 4 whole minutes of them. I have to do something else while they’re on

I've been initiated and watched a shit ton over the past three weeks or so, and it might now be my favourite show on TV. My sleep patterns were bad enough without being able to download one hundred million past episodes off of Dave to watch at 1AM, FFS!

I thought I was in love with Mawaan Rizwan, until, that is, I saw Phil Wang on catch up in his now infamous yellow jumpsuit :oops: :D

What are people's favourite task outfits, and what would you wear for tasks?

I like mawaan's in this series

S11 starts in an hour and a week. I basically caught up with the entire S1-10 archive over Christmas, so looking forward to watching 'live'.

In the meantime, here's a fun little pair of tasks...

1615493059879.png
1615492988518.png

You can judge see other people's selections on the original Twitter thread.

I'm terrible at decisions, but my friend came up with a pretty strong S6-10 lineup:

Alice, Kerry, Sian, Rose, Mawaan
Team 1: Kerry, Rose
Team 2: Alice, Sian, Mawaan

S11 starts in an hour and a week. I basically caught up with the entire S1-10 archive over Christmas, so looking forward to watching 'live'.

In the meantime, here's a fun little pair of tasks...

View attachment 258347
View attachment 258345

You can judge see other people's selections on the original Twitter thread.

I'm terrible at decisions, but my friend came up with a pretty strong S6-10 lineup:

Alice, Kerry, Sian, Rose, Mawaan
Team 1: Kerry, Rose
Team 2: Alice, Sian, Mawaan
Bob, Frank, Mel, Joe, Sara

Wasn't loving tonight's one for some reason.

As people have previously said, it can feel flat without an audience.

Have never been able to understand why people rave about taskmaster....until this evening. It really engaged me and made me laugh.

My mates watched it before me tonight and were raving about it. I liked it and chuckled a lot but I'm not ready to rave about it yet.

Arg I'm at my parents so going to have to wait to watch the new series.
Something to look forward to

I've had a good idea!

A themed day out based on Taskmaster, like the Crystal Maze one they did.

A bunch of friends are given Tasks to do by an Alex on screen, individually and in teams.

Then an out of work actor posing as a Greg figure scores them. Tonnes of fun.

I'll give the Trocadero a call

Many polls have been taken (and srsly, I've seen hardcore spreadsheets with conditional formatting and everything) and Bob Mortimer and James Acaster are by far the most popular TM contestants of all time, but I think Mike Wozniak may be encroaching on their territory :cool:

Many polls have been taken (and srsly, I've seen hardcore spreadsheets with conditional formatting and everything) and Bob Mortimer and James Acaster are by far the most popular TM contestants of all time, but I think Mike Wozniak may be encroaching on their territory :cool:
Yeah, my friend and I were thinking similar. We're both big fans :cool:

Aha! I knew he had some important part to play in the original TM Edinburgh show! I thought he was the one who Alex really wanted to be there but couldn't make it, but turns out he won it :D

Ohhh, and while watching the latest episode, specifically when Mike jumped the fence, I almost said Tim Fitzhigham would make a good contestant.

Turns out he tied with Mike at the Edinburgh show, but Mike won the tie break.

Back
Top Bottom