Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taskmaster

He'd be awesome for a last leg version.

I don't necessarily want a para-Taskmaster. Hell, if he (WD - I've essentially signed him up at this point) and other differently-abled celebs would want to do it, just give them a list of past tasks and ask them what would be competitive, and work from there. There's a huge number of past tasks where physical disabilities wouldn't necessarily be a barrier. WD brought down the Empire, I'm sure he could charm the Mayor of Chesham or sing a ballad to some below average Cello-player perhaps better-known for her thievery.

The bits of the American version I have seen were terrible, really awful. So I dunno if other versions from around the world can be relied upon.
Just watched 1 episode of the NZ version and it was much better than US. Much much better but essentially I had no idea who any of them were apart from one contestant so it didn't feel as comforting and familiar although maybe if I watched more I would learn their characters.
I think missing series one of the NZ series was the best advice I could give. I became quite fond of the NZ contestants (series 2) quite quickly, especially David. Guy Montgomery was hilarious. The weakest link is definitely the bloke who plays the task master.

People I would like to see on Taskmaster are - Lucy Beaumont, Richard Ayoade, Dawn O'Porter, Claudia Winkleman, Shappi Khorsandi and Adam Buxton. I have loads, I've given it a lot of thought. :D :facepalm:

Claudia would be brilliant. She’d have to do a different year to Dawn or there’d be a fringe battle.
Has Joe Lycett done it? I’m losing track.

Claudia would be brilliant. She’d have to do a different year to Dawn or there’d be a fringe battle.
Has Joe Lycett done it? I’m losing track.
Yep. Series 3 or 4 I think.

I’d love Frankie Boyle to do it but I doubt he would. I reckon Lorraine Kelly would be hilarious.

I bet someone like Johnny Vaughan and Denise van Outen would be good.

They were fantastic in the Big Breakfast albeit 20 years ago

Have can we not have thought of Bill Bailey? He would be more than perfect

Has Sara Pascoe done it? Can't think she has but she must not want to, as she is right in their wheelhouse.

I note they try to avoid political type comedians, although they did have Katherine Ryan and Nish Kumar. Ryan did squeeze in some feminism where she could and Kumar did occasionally bring up Brexit, but more in a self effacing "im a one note comedian" type way iirc.

Its a light hearted fun show so can see how they try and keep politics to the minimum.

Have can we not have thought of Bill Bailey? He would be more than perfect

Has Sara Pascoe done it? Can't think she has but she must not want to, as she is right in their wheelhouse.

I note they try to avoid political type comedians, although they did have Katherine Ryan and Nish Kumar. Ryan did squeeze in some feminism where she could and Kumar did occasionally bring up Brexit, but more in a self effacing "im a one note comedian" type way iirc.

Its a light hearted fun show so can see how they try and keep politics to the minimum.
Of course Pascoe has done it! She was great. Leather troos and a camo jacket.

Many people can't understand why VCM is with David and I think this first episode illustrated perfectly why. They are differently gendered versions of each other. I'd like to think I'd admit my weaknesses and gone straight for scissors cos my depth perception is shocking.
Aaah. Does this explain why Victoria has been wearing strange glasses/wigs on Only Connect for the past 2 weeks with no explanation?

VCM might be my new Taskmaster crush. Beautiful face, is very funny, lovely voice, a mean poker player, and, um, one or two other assets.

I’ve gone off it on c4. I can’t bear the 4od interface and all the fucking adverts :(

I would happily pay to go ad free.
You can! They offer an ad free service for about a Jackson (£5) a month iirc

Thinking about it myself as plan to binge Seinfeld and Malcolm in the Middle

I'm enjoying the line up.
Love Guz Khan and Morgana Robinson. Fascinated by Desiree Birch because I don't often see Women on TV that look like me.
Enjoying Victoria being competitive, frustrated and feeling inadequate :D

Certainly enjoying this cast based off the first episode.

My nomination for potential future contestant would be Tim FitzHigham, who came 'joint first' with Wozniak (but lost the tie-break) in the very first Taskmaster in Edinburgh.

There's a show on Dave at 10pm Wednesdays called Outsiders which is a self confessed Taskmaster rip off.

Hosted by David Mitchell its 6 comedians (5 of them Taskmaster alumni) spilt into 3 teams camping and doing tasks in the woods.

I like it! Its on the ukplay app too

Last edited:
The paid version is still really shit though.
Oh is it? The free version does me napper in.
Quite often the programme I'm watching starts again from the start when the first in programme advert has finished. Then when you fast forward to get to where it reset you have to watch the whole lot of sodding adverts again grrr

Oh is it? The free version does me napper in.
Quite often the programme I'm watching starts again from the start when the first in programme advert has finished. Then when you fast forward to get to where it reset you have to watch the whole lot of sodding adverts again grrr

When I got the trial I still got the ads. When I complained they said it happens a lot. I cancelled and they kept charging me for months despite me disputing it every time. Even when it works you get some ads.

I just get the sponsored interstitial Coors ads with the skinny fella in the snow. Fucking sick of it. Wish you could skip the titles too as I don't ever need to hear the theme tune ever again

Havnae goat prime.

Yeah that is quite annoying, the autoplay thing.
I've seen the Modern Family ident 27,000 times now.
I often fall asleep in front of the telly and in the old days of dvds the little scenes over the menu would play all night, entering my dreams. Too tired to turn it off but semi aware of it all night- Larry David shouting "do you want to see my penis" was a memorable one.

Mind you, bbc iplayer plays something seemingly random if you leave it playing.

Was watching Alma's Not Normal the other night and drifted off and woke up to My fucking Family. Unacceptable

Back
Top Bottom