Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taskmaster

Kids versions of franchises very rarely work. The UK Legomasters for example. Precocious children and reality TV don't mix.

There is an edited version of Taskmaster on All 4 that is ‘family friendly’ but I have no idea how it would make sense with all the swearing and filthy jokes taken out. Has anyone seen it with their kids?

Er..is Legomasters intended for adults then? Haven’t even heard of it til now, but Lego FFS!
Legomasters US and Australia are two very entertaining reality/competition shows, and are all the better for not having children any where near them.

It will be fine. I don't remember swearing adding anything to taskmaster.
The only unpleasantness is the lame pantomime interaction between Greg and Horne (which after many many series' is still mostly embarrassing on Gregs side).
Not that I dislike taskmaster. .

I think a progression into a crackerjack version for kids is quite logical. Not sure what time of the day that would be for though. Does kids TV still exist?

Ivo is so anxious, competitive and insecure. I have this feeling that he is full of resentment. Traumatised from going to Eton and being posh 😆
I also have a little crush on him 😳

Frankie is my favourite.

Ivo has to have some kind of neurodivergence, doesn’t he? Some kind of ADHD typology

Not sure why you think that. He’s just leaning into the collective perception of the nice posh boy with mild trauma from having been educated at Eton
Quite aside from that attitude, he seems constantly… something. Distracted, maybe, although that is an inadequate description.

I heard him talking about his time at Eton. He said in the year of 250 boys in his year mayhe 15 were absolute cunts - unfortunately they were the ones who go on to make careers in government

“Just couldn’t shut the fuck up could you, Ivo?”
"Can you get your money back from Eton? - Have you been looking at my dad's search history?" :D

Not the absolute best series but I still really enjoyed it.

Next series contestants announced after and it's the first time there is someone I don't know at all.
Sam Campbell, I looked him up and he's Australian but won at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Not the absolute best series but I still really enjoyed it.

Next series contestants announced after and it's the first time there is someone I don't know at all.
Sam Campbell, I looked him up and he's Australian but won at the Edinburgh Fringe.
Yeah. I feel the tasks were a bit convoluted in this series. Simple is best imho

The lullabies in the last episode were a study in contrasts, Frankie and Ivos we're really good. The others was the worst thing I've ever heard crashing straight through awful into I'll have to keep watching.

Enjoyed this series. It's perhaps frustrating for the franchise that the strongest series' are behind it. As with all competition/reality shows, once the production becomes self aware the magic usually dies.

Back
Top Bottom