Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Taskmaster

Not all the time and not when I am talking.
Surely you can agree that most people don't walk around with their mouths open mouth breathing all the time?
I dunno. I only know what I do. I don’t tend to notice what other people do. Mostly breathe through my nose I think but when I’m working or exercising or on some other occasions, I notice I will breath through my mouth. People must do the same, they’re just not aware of it. Otherwise we’d do things like sighing, coughing and laughing through our noses.

Not all the time and not when I am talking.
Surely you can agree that most people don't walk around with their mouths open mouth breathing all the time?

I dunno. I only know what I do. I don’t tend to notice what other people do. Mostly breathe through my nose I think but when I’m working or exercising or on some other occasions, I notice I will breath through my mouth. People must do the same, they’re just not aware of it. Otherwise we’d do things like sighing, coughing and laughing through our noses.
Peak Urban75: 2023 Edition: two middle-aged men arguing over how humans breathe 🤣

Mostly breathe through my nose I think but when I’m working or exercising or on some other occasions, I notice I will breath through my mouth.
Call me crazy but . . I would have thought you would have just assumed I was talking about how a normal human would be breathing when appearing on . . . a TV show like . . . say . . "Taskmaster" or "Ghosts", not when a normal human was weightlifting, running or swimming.

Call me crazy but . . I would have thought you would have just assumed I was talking about how a normal human would be breathing when appearing on . . . a TV show like . . . say . . "Taskmaster" or "Ghosts", not when a normal human was weightlifting, running or swimming.
I was. And normal humans breathe through their mouths, especially when concentrating, like what they probably do in Taskmaster

I was. And normal humans breathe through their mouths, especially when concentrating, like what they probably do in Taskmaster

Most don't. I just watched an episode after reading this thread and none of the other contestants were doing this.

Most don't. I just watched an episode after reading this thread and none of the other contestants were doing this.
Mae is just an adorable little gender-neutral action figure. They would never breathe through their mouth.

It seems you’re ragging on someone for something they have no control over
Yeah. I said that right at the beginning. I said it was my problem and he seemed like a nice bloke etc.
The only reason this has been going back and forth so long is because you said it was normal for people to constantly breathe through their mouths while doing normal everyday things. . . or at least things like - acting in the TV show Ghosts, or appearing on Taskmaster.

people have their mouths open all the time, like when they’re breathing, laughing etc

They don't have their mouths open all the time just to breathe though.

Bizarrely I'm fairly sure this is the second time this topic has come up on urban and you were convinced everyone breathes through their mouths back then too. I'm not sure you've ever changed your mind about anything, and this definitely isn't the one to bother battling about!

Last edited:
OMFG, how many posts on how people breathe? 😄

Let’s talk Taskmaster!

Does anyone think Mae always looks like they’re about to cry? I’ve noticed it on other stuff so I don’t think it’s that Taskmaster has broken them.

I'm very much enjoying this series, though my viewing has been inconvienienced by now having to get up for work at 4 on a Friday.

Meh! Needs cruelty and swearing. Not possible on a junior version
Also, both Rose Matafeo and Mike Wozniak are natural sidekicks, not main characters. And yes, I have seen shows where they are the lead and I feel these shows prove my point.

I was quite prepared to have no interest in TM for kids (despite Jr. Bake Off being better than the original - but that's because they're not mean to the kids, and Paul being an asshole really puts me off). But Rose and Mike will have me trying it out, at least.

Back
Top Bottom