Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SWP trash AWL stall at Marxism, accusations of violent threats

Mass trot punch up!
images

...more like!

A massive stain was put on my character when a female RCG member publicly accused me of being an enemy of the gay liberation struggle after I put a Happy Mondays album on at a house party. Apparently, the at the time permanently addled Shuan Ryder might have said something negative about gays in an interview.

It didn't matter that I hadn't read/heard the interview. Just mildly liking them was enough to put me beyond the pale

A massive stain was put on my character when a female RCG member publicly accused me of being an enemy of the gay liberation struggle after I put a Happy Mondays album on at a house party. Apparently, the at the time permanently addled Shuan Ryder might have said something negative about gays in an interview.

It didn't matter that I hadn't read/heard the interview. Just mildly liking them was enough to put me beyond the pale
might have been the name of the album?

...at their height the SWP could "build demos" on campus, put on buses to the demo from from any sizeable town in the UK. Their posters and stickers and paper sales would be the way that many people heard about demos that were going on.

They can't do any of that any more.

They've lost maybe 80% of their size since those days.

The internet has finished the rest of their role off.

Sure they'll hand out a bunch of placards and that.

But they're peripheral, if even that, to anything now.

...at their height the SWP could "build demos" on campus, put on buses to the demo from from any sizeable town in the UK. Their posters and stickers and paper sales would be the way that many people heard about demos that were going on.

They can't do any of that any more.

They've lost maybe 80% of their size since those days.

The internet has finished the rest of their role off.

Sure they'll hand out a bunch of placards and that.

But they're peripheral, if even that, to anything now.

Yes, I agree, but who is organising the transport across the UK to the London protests?

Back
Top Bottom