Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SWP says vote Muslim Brotherhood!

Yes I saw this on Twitter but didn't read (as you have) the details. I believe though that there's been some kind of back-pedalling over it as the ad got pulled because it was 'sending a misleading message'* in effect I think a lot of people complained. *my paraphrase as I can't remember precisely what was said.

More unsurprising uh oh today. Not seen a press report yet but here are some tweets:

@AmrElGabry
Emergency law announced today in a new form.. disgusting and not even disguised

@FarahSaafan
Why aren't people freaking out about the new and "improved" emergency law that SCAF sneakily passed today?

@Reem_Abdellatif
The ministerial decree gives military officials right to arrest citizens until constitution is drafted. But could they choose to prolong it?

@Repent11
So ministry of justice issues law allowing military police/intelligence right to arrest civilians with no warrant days before elections! Wow

@3arabawy
The Justice Ministry new decree allows Military Police & Military Intelligence personnel to arrest strikers & anyone who reports on strikes.

It's ok, the MB will change all that sharpish -- the peoples' rot-killer for the completely rotten house. :facepalm:

I don't see how being sceptical in this situation is loony or "far-left posturing". Workers, activists, revolutionaries and so many others have plenty to worry about from the status quo, requires quite a leap of faith to say a new government will change that overnight.

Back
Top Bottom