Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Swansea/Abertawe news and chat

Will eat on the site of the Mermaid and raise a fork in memory to Dylan ! (next visit)

Twin Town - mad film - but good laugh in characterizing the little snobberies - e.g Welsh cakes after the dogs funeral / the big man in the curry house / and as for the sauna "same as usual Emlyn ?" - priceless.......

And as for trading pills for shrooms with OAPs and the "special" hot dog ....

Trufflepig said:
Me too! Monkey, that is.

:eek:
Heh, cool. Hope you had fun!

JOE'S!! MMMmMMMMmmmmm. <drool smilie> THE best.
Verdi's pah. :mad: :p

*agrees with marty n belushi about Twin Town*

davescgr - DO try the Mermaid food, it is DELISHUS! :D

I used to know one of the guys who worked on the script and know for a

fact that many of the characters were based on real people from

Swansea. ;) Dats what makes it work so well.

Does anyone remember 'The Zone' - a gothy club opposite the train Staion, above Dylans? The music wasn't really my cup of tea but most of my sixth form college mates went. It was like a second living room, so relaxed, ah the sticky carpet! :) I remember one night my mate and this girl were getting off with eachother quite full-on (she was sat on him) then the bouncer came up to them and said , "No penetration,..... Only kidding." and walked off.

Also did anyone go to the gigs at the mumbles motor boat or yacht club (can't remember which one)? I remebber going to a christian night by mistake there once. I was wondering why no-one else was smoking then an evangelical I knew from school walked in and the penny dropped so we got out pronto :) (no offence to any evangelicals)

Maybe we should have an urban meet in Mozarts at 3 o'clock on a sunday morning ? ;)

b23

I remember the zone

Im sat here wondering whether anyone in their late 20's/early 30'srecalls the famous ( or rather infamous) St Benedicts youth club discos or the Swansea uplands rugby club discos where select parents used to buy booze for just about anyone who asked them- I say select becuase only the ones who were stupid enough to buy 14 year olds booze would be in attendance.

Quite scary what we got up to in them if I think back :eek:

ddraig said:
i'm from there and have to go via swansea to get home

how long ago GW? have you seen what they've been doing to the coast?

used to go swansea mostly to get stuff not available in Llanelli and to get the train to lundun obv.

mumbles and gower arre the best things about the area tho, imo

mumbles is cool :cool:

I go there quite a lot, at least once a year to chill out, relax and reflect.

LilMissHissyFit said:
I remember the zone

Im sat here wondering whether anyone in their late 20's/early 30'srecalls the famous ( or rather infamous) St Benedicts youth club discos or the Swansea uplands rugby club discos where select parents used to buy booze for just about anyone who asked them- I say select becuase only the ones who were stupid enough to buy 14 year olds booze would be in attendance.

Quite scary what we got up to in them if I think back :eek:

I remember the Swansea Uplands rugby club discos. I painfully remember yaking up after consuming too many Diamond Whites there.

The St Benedict’s youth club? As in the church in Sketty? My parents got married there.

I like Swansea.

I have many happy childhood memories of trips to Swansea and its environs. Bloody hilly though, iirc.

Techno303 said:
I remember the Swansea Uplands rugby club discos. I painfully remember yaking up after consuming too many Diamond Whites there.

The St Benedict’s youth club? As in the church in Sketty? My parents got married there.

How many snogs in a night and do two snogs = a fumble out the back? :D
yes St Bens as in the catholic church, no alcohol but plenty of naughty stuff, quite shocking really. None of us were members of course but I;d been to catholic school so taught my mates the hail mary in case it was needed the first time we went to see if the rumours of a decent night were true :D

Hollis said:
I like Swansea.

I have many happy childhood memories of trips to Swansea and its environs. Bloody hilly though, iirc.

:eek: :eek:
Is this actually Hollis's first pleasant post in the Wales forum?? :cool: :cool:

Hollis said:
I like Swansea.

i used to live at the top of newton road, hell of a hill, and constitution hill? was well steep

beat23 said:
Yeah, especially if u live in Mount Pleasant / top parts of uplands. That's a good benefit of cardiff, pretty flat :D

don't answer him bro, he's trouble :mad:
u stay away from my family 'hollis' awight! :mad:

Col_Buendia said:
:eek: :eek:
Is this actually Hollis's first pleasant post in the Wales forum?? :cool: :cool:

falls over!
<well these saxons always have a way of claiming to be on the winnning team>

Belushi said:
If we flattened Wales out we'd probably be the size of Russia. Too bloody hilly by far.

Well, they've already tried excavating it, so if they tried flattening it now it would be like driving a steamroller over a very large sheet of bubblewrap.

What with all them old mines, eh?

LilMissHissyFit said:
I lived at the top of constitution hill when I was pregnant/had my first
Not fun with a pram I can tell you :eek:

i used to visit a mate who lived near the top, quite a climb :D

LilMissHissyFit said:
I lived at the top of constitution hill.................
:eek:

I live near......well, the other side of the hill really. Yup steep as hell, I avoid it as much as poss! Lol.

when I lived there they held one leg of some sort of tour of britain/europe cycle race there.... The lap was up constitution hill, out onto mount pleasant hill and down, past the institute and onto the kingsawy, back up walter road and yup, straight back up that hill

They had to do the lap about 5 or 6 times IIRC and there were blokes spewing at the top before carrying on :eek:

Col_Buendia said:
Well, they've already tried excavating it, so if they tried flattening it now it would be like driving a steamroller over a very large sheet of bubblewrap.

What with all them old mines, eh?

Aye, I'd forgot the country is hollow :(

Brockway said:
It strikes me that this messageboard is a tad Cardiff-centric. Anyone care to big-up Wales's second city?

Cardiff is a bit up itself at the moment and is in danger of becoming a poor man's London. So what has Swansea got to offer? Any Abertawe tips or positive Swansea experiences? :)

I'll start: Swansea is as cheap as chips and it's easier to pull there than it is in the 'Diff. The Attic Gallery is cool. And their marina is better than ours.
I'll big-up Swansea, even if the only bits I've seen of it were dumps - it's still only 2/3 the distance from here to Cardiff.

Back
Top Bottom