Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Summer in Swansea

Cycling up to Mumbles in this weather for an ice cream (or pint in The Pilot), how lovely :)

(If you did fancy a Cardiff trip I would try my best to finally be a bit urban sociable :))

Cycling up to Mumbles in this weather for an ice cream (or pint in The Pilot), how lovely :)

(If you did fancy a Cardiff trip I would try my best to finally be a bit urban sociable :))

Mumbles lost the iconic "Mermaid" pub some years ago (it burned down , along with some Dylan Thomas memorabilia) - spent ages trying to find it with my eldest some years back , as I wanted him to have an under age pint in there - (as I did , back in the day) .....in Swansea terms , "west is best" , along with total avoidance of the High Street at any time , and Wind Street on piss-up nights. (bar the "No-Sign Wine Bar", for devastating Harvey Wallbangers , again under age)

Thank you for the indulgence .....

Mumbles lost the iconic "Mermaid" pub some years ago (it burned down , along with some Dylan Thomas memorabilia) - spent ages trying to find it with my eldest some years back , as I wanted him to have an under age pint in there - (as I did , back in the day) .....in Swansea terms , "west is best" , along with total avoidance of the High Street at any time , and Wind Street on piss-up nights. (bar the "No-Sign Wine Bar", for devastating Harvey Wallbangers , again under age)

Thank you for the indulgence .....
The mumbles mile is not the same either, in the 80s , you had to do about 12/13 pubs and end up over refreshed at Cinderella's

The mumbles mile is not the same either, in the 80s , you had to do about 12/13 pubs and end up over refreshed at Cinderella's

Even more pubs in the mid 1970's - too many 18th Party celebrations that way , - to end up in Tiffany's or the Surf House. Sorry about the nostalgia- but great fun. The "Antelope" was always good fun.

The morning afters were not ...

Even more pubs in the mid 1970's - too many 18th Party celebrations that way , - to end up in Tiffany's or the Surf House. Sorry about the nostalgia- but great fun. The "Antelope" was always good fun.

The morning afters were not ...
I used to always drink Double Diamond in the Antelope , it was awful stuff , but I couldn't resist (may have called it Double Decker for personal lols :oops:)

I used to always drink Double Diamond in the Antelope , it was awful stuff , but I couldn't resist (may have called it Double Decker for personal lols :oops:)

We used to drink "lager top" , and if in funds - Pils (bottled) , - some people drank the drink of the devil "rum and black" - or God forbid "whisky and pep"

Glad to leave the 1970's for that purpose alone. Not so , for other reasons .....:)

Back
Top Bottom