Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

sunbound unsound beach party

Maggot said:
People coming from Brixton and other parts of South London, will be advised that it's easier to get the Victoria line to Tottenham Hale and change there, thus avoiding Liverpool Street.

I think we should pretend not to know each other until the plane takes off and then start a party simultaneously. :D

We are going from Tottenham Hale as its a quick cab ride from our house.

Kameron said:
Week 1
Liberty
oicur0t
Han and Jan
Dubversion
Shirl
Wolfie
Pink Monkey
El Jugs
ChrisFilter
PieEye
Magneze
Iemanja
Eastender
Maggot
JTG
Hollis
Rozi
Kinsales
SZC
marla
wiskey
dervish
art of fact
boing!
longjon
Mation
mango5
golightly
Cloo!
Kolonel K
Skim
Kameron

I was just prodded in the ribs to put my name on this list so I have and I hope your happy now! Bouncy Bounce.

Frigginnora! :) *hopp-skipp-jumpp*

Mation - I haven't heard anything from Ryanair but we are all on the same return flight as the ones you mention... :)..

managed to get this board on the website -- it's pretty self explanatory - i'll mail it to everybody else that its going and hopefully we can get sorted --go :cool:

Week 1
Liberty
oicur0t
Han and Jan
Dubversion
Shirl
Wolfie
Pink Monkey
El Jugs
ChrisFilter
PieEye
Magneze
Iemanja
Eastender
Maggot
JTG
Hollis
Rozi
Kinsales
SZC
marla
wiskey
dervish
art of fact
boing!
longjon
Mation
mango5
golightly
Cloo!
Kolonel K
Skim
Kameron
Missuz Scott
LD Rudeboy

Just putting our names down too. :)

BTW, if you want to brush up knowledge of the area, I recommend 'Old Calabria' by Norman Douglas, which I'm reading on my dad's recommendation. I imagine the area's changed rather in the 90 years since Douglas' trip out there, but it's a great read and very evocative. :)

Vixen said:
Week 2:

Vixen
Dubversion

:D

albeach.jpg

At least you'll have plenty of room.

You can play with my sand castle.

;)

Cloo said:
BTW, if you want to brush up knowledge of the area, I recommend 'Old Calabria' by Norman Douglas, which I'm reading on my dad's recommendation. I imagine the area's changed rather in the 90 years since Douglas' trip out there, but it's a great read and very evocative. :)

another 2 good books are "Christ Stopped at Eboli" by Carlo Levi and "Seasons in Basilicata" by another bloke who I forget ....

isn't calabria a fair way away though. i used to live in Calabria it's very much the toe rather than where we're heading. although i haven't read the book

He certainly mentions some fairly nearby places, at any rate. Facinating picture of southern italy round about the time practically all the young men had buggered off to the USA.

My grandad was from the region of Calabria... He also left, in 1910 (he was 18 years old), but for some reason ended up in Brazil, rather thant he USA. I think it was either because the fare was cheaper or because Portuguese is easier to learn than English if you speak Italian...

I might try and pop over to Calabria! ;)

Iemanja said:
I might try and pop over to Calabria! ;)

i'm definitely heading over there for at least a day - i lived there and made a lot of friends (who i've now lost touch with)..

it's gorgeous down there.

Dubversion said:
i'm definitely heading over there for at least a day - i lived there and made a lot of friends (who i've now lost touch with)..

it's gorgeous down there.

I might join you... :)

Back
Top Bottom