Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

What's the news with brum tomorrow? I heard the council are trying to charge the unions some stupid amount to march. Is it just going ahead anyway?

_57003928_strikerobberypa.jpg

Good luck to everybody today, hope you all have a good one.

Here's hoping lots of uni students come out to support our staff and stand side by side on the picket.

Usual BBC reporting. Despite the fact their own poll suggested 61% of people support the strike, all ive heard in the last 24 hours is people disagreeing with it.

The morning Facebook feed is being won by anti strikers. "Don't thesee people appriciate how fucked the eccobemy is" and "why are these people striking, other than greed"

Solidarity to all striking today, I would be if I weren't laid up in hospital :(

(I have pondered trying to get a banner sneaked in and dropped from the ward window!)

Reports from the battle field.

Neutral BBC producers and editors are scurrying around the country trying to find union representatives and agitators with strong scouse accents.

Nineteen schools in the North West have placed life-like cardboard cut outs of Michael Gove outside school entrances. All visitors and scabs have been frightened away while union members make the most of it by enjoying a hot drink and a bacon roll in the local cafe.

PCS Union. From the Crown Prosecution Service branch in Sunlight house,Manchester "98% members of strike with joint support from the FDA".

Good luck brothers and sisters.

:p

I wonder how many times the lame argument that private sector workers have a smaller pension will raise its head, without it being easily demolished?

The morning Facebook feed is being won by anti strikers. "Don't thesee people appriciate how fucked the eccobemy is" and "why are these people striking, other than greed"

get some better friends. I haven't seen a single anti-strike status yet today and plenty pro ones

BBC News website reader

comments on the BBC story: Just passed through the picket at the local hospital. All men picketing - yet at least 50% of those on strike are women. Any reason why women are not represented on the picket line?

Any reason?

Back
Top Bottom