Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

What's the ET? Can't say I trust the GMB.

Employment Tribunal. I do not believe an employer can deduct pay for a strike/strikes that have not yet occurred. I’d argue it’s victimisation for undertaking a protected act (striking). It’s also an unlawful deduction of earnings, although I can see that this might not be the case by the time the case comes before the ET.

Last edited:
Porters at Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham also facing fire and rehire at the moment, can't find out if they're balloting or anyone, but Unison is asking people (maybe especially those in the West Midlands?) to use this thing to email their MPs: Public Support letter for the Heartlands Hospital Porters
And to do a twitterstorm thing on Monday, if anyone feels like joining in with that:

Just been catching up here for the first time in ages ..... a few pieces of excellent news above, particularly Barnoldswick! :)

I hear from 'friends' ;) at the DVLA in Swansea that PCS ran an online straw poll this week to measure support for strike action concerning employee/workplace safety (what with all the recent Covid cases there, etc. :mad: )

Over 90% support it seems :), admittedly from a self-selecting sample of members.
But it's all about what might or might not happen next :confused: -- watch this space.

Word on Friday reached me ;) that an all-member official PCS Strike! vote at DVLA will happen imminently ..... date of vote, Tues 23rd February "apparantly" :D

I'm guessing that a one-day strike only, would be the outcome ...... :hmm:

They'd have the sense to pick a Wednesday though, I suspect! :cool:

And chances of a 'No' vote ae utterly minimal, friends tell me :)

This is what happens when you kick workers in the teeth Johnson and chums.
" The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) called this (1%) "pitiful", arguing that its members should get 12.5% instead. "
yessss! thats the spirit
on to a winner here? surely no manner of press hatchet job is going to work on losing public support

I wonder what Starmer thinks :D

Rolls-Royce Unite branch made this brazier specially for the Manchester bus strike picketers (thinking about it, my caption in combination with the tweet is a bit redundant but oh well):

Also, MEN story on the overcrowded scab bus, although it turns out that the "investigation" from the headline is going to be carried out by Go North West, and TFGM's position is "we have asked the operator to investigate": Investigation launched into 'dangerously overcrowded' replacement bus service during drivers strike

Back
Top Bottom