Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

as for damage see #1013, #1012 #1009 etc etc.
No, there are no examples of any damage in any of these posts. They're examples of assertion of damage that will be done - no argument as to why - nothing. I invite you again to offer some arguments as to how and why this damages anything.

I invite you again to offer some arguments as to how and why this damages anything.

It allows Cameron a convenient deflection mechanism that wouldn't otherwise have been open to him. I've never argued it was the end of the universe. But it was an avoidable mistake.

It allows Cameron a convenient deflection mechanism that wouldn't otherwise have been open to him. I've never argued it was the end of the universe. But it was an avoidable mistake.
How? Deflecting what? And yes you dud argue this was a sort of OMG this is horrible it might look bad on ed type hand-wringing.

So, these damaging ways, can you name them?

I didn't ever argue that it was wrong because he might embarrass Ed. I said it was counterproductive in that it helped a PM who is widely seen as being unreasonable and ideology-driven in ramming through the Health Bill in turning the tables. Never said this would be a decisive move. But why hand your enemy anything at all when it's not needed?

You seem to be unable to appreciate that giving Cameron a media lifeline *is* damage, or at least potential damage. Of course the media/Tories will always have a pop at the unions. But you don't make it easy for them for no reason,.

Nothing? Your whole argument against was on the damage that this would do and you cannot not only list the ways you can't come up with one. Not one. Except a roll eyes smiley.

the damage: headlines that are targetting LM not Cameron - this was not inveitable - self-inflicted wound
Oh no, the headlines that would say the same thing anyway. The media and tories might say what they say esp different today.

Live the bubble. Become the bubble.

So, any actual damage apart from sun-tzu tactical expert media horror?

Yes they would and b) if you think people make their minds up on such crucial issues through what the papers (who always take a 100% anti-union stance) then you're a) an idiot and b) in the lap of these people, obsessed by the media forever. Not needed.

If people are automatically pre-disposed towards taking a pro-union, pro-class militancy line we wouldn't live in the kind of society we do.

The damage is there in terms of opportunities squandered to isolate and force Cameron onto the backfoot. I hope very much that this will be the extent of the damage. But either way, entirely avoidable.

Was Cameron on the news defending his Health Bill from the criticisms of RCGPs, BMA etc - no. He was given a platform to bang on about union wreckers etc.

of course not. But wouldn't it have been better if Cameron is getting a good hiding even in the bourgeois press/media instead of being let off the hook?
Yeah, then we're really rolling. Talk about serious disruption in a global event vs the bourgeois press/media having a tickle at cameron. You are out of your fucking depth. Resign.

Back
Top Bottom