Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

personally i prefer politicians, union leaders, etc to be honest, and if they're asked a question i prefer they answered it whether not that answer is what "people" want to hear.

Are you seriously telling me that there aren't any people who think the NHS should be saved but are actually quite looking forward to the Olympics and don't think the two things are, or ought to be, related to each other?
:facepalm:

There are some people who think the NHS should be saved but that none of its workers should ever ever go on strike. There are some that think it can be saved by sending all the darkies home. So what?

so your problem is that he directly answered a question put to him?
There are times and places to answer questions like this. If some Nazi asked you whether you worked for the resistance you'd just have blurted out "yes!" because he asked a straight question?

my problem is that I think it's posturing, that it's a hollow threat.
I agree with this as well - like Prentis talking about general strikes. At least if he intended to deliver on this statement if wouldn't have been entirely in vain to have caused controversy at this stage. But it's just talk, and silly talk from a tactical perspective.

There are times and places to answer questions like this. If some Nazi asked you whether you worked for the resistance you'd just have blurted out "yes!" because he asked a straight question?

I agree with this as well - like Prentis talking about general strikes. At least if he intended to deliver on this statement if wouldn't have been entirely in vain to have caused controversy at this stage. But it's just talk, and silly talk from a tactical perspective.
You ain't the one to be telling anyone about tactics in all honesty.

19360803_jesse_owens_berlino_300x409.jpg

Q. Are you in the resistance?
A. I might be at a later date, if it opened up a broad front that returned a labour govt after you've destroyed everything . I do hope that if this interrogation gets out to wider audiences they appreciate that i didn't seek to alienate them by underestimating their anger and their capacities.

Interrogator shoots self in face.

A. I might be at a later date, if it opened up a broad front that returned a labour govt after you've destroyed everything . I do hope that if is this interrogation gets out to wider audiences they appreciate that i didn't seek to alienate them by underestimating their anger and their capacities.

I was thinking of how best to respond to articul8's idiocy, but you've pretty much nailed it.

Articul8, what is fucking wrong with you?

A. I might be at a later date, if it opened up a broad front that returned a labour govt after you've destroyed everything . I do hope that if this interrogation gets out to wider audiences they appreciate that i didn't seek to alienate them by underestimating their anger and their capacities.

what is that drivel? It bears no relation to what I've argued - which is that when giving interviews it's best to avoid giving answers that delight your opponents.

I didn't say it was similar. I'm saying that the idea that people should always give direct answers to straight questions is blatantly flawed when it applies to any real world situation.
You made a comparison based on the dissimilarity of the two examples? You are an absolute idiot.

It's not drivel and it bears direct relation to what you've posted.

How does it? I'm not arguing that what McCluskey says should be guided by what is convenient for the Labour leadership. I'm saying it should be guided by what helps to build the maximum effective unity of anti-cuts forces in the here-and-now, not making empty threats and dividing those forces by playing into the hands of reaction.

It's a reductio ad absurdum of that particular line of thinking - not drawing a direct analogy. Which you know perfectly well or ought to
No it wasn't. Where did you do 'a reductio ad absurdum'? You just said he was wrong. And you said he was wrong by direct analogy. What IS wrong with you?

How does it? I'm not arguing that what McCluskey says should be guided by what is convenient for the Labour leadership. I'm saying it should be guided by what helps to build the maximum effective unity of anti-cuts forces in the here-and-now, not making empty threats and dividing those forces by playing into the hands of reaction.
Are you balls, you're basing your reaction on how it might effect the labour vote. And what guides the labour vote in people keeping their gobs shut, Like LM should have done.

Are you balls, you're basing your reaction on how it might effect the labour vote. And what guides the labour vote in people keeping their gobs shut, Like LM should have done.

Not keeping his gob shut. Opening his gob at the right time with a message that builds effective unity.

No it wasn't. Where did you do 'a reductio ad absurdum'? You just said he was wrong. And you said he was wrong by direct analogy. What IS wrong with you?
My "member of the resistance answering a Nazi" was the reductio ad absurdum of your line that people should always answer a straight question

Back
Top Bottom