Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strictly Come Dancing 2021

BoatieBird

It's that time of year when announcements and rumours start, so time for a new thread.

Janette Manrara to host ITT.
Bruno off the judging panel for 2021, replaced by... Anton :(

Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding international travel restrictions caused by COVID-19, Bruno Tonioli, who has been a fixture on Strictly since 2004 and is also a judge on Dancing with the Stars in the USA, will be unable to take part in the series this year.

Anton Du Beke joined Strictly during its first series and is the only professional dancer to have danced in every series to date, bringing plenty of experience and expertise to the panel.

Anton Du Beke says: “My loves I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be stepping into Bruno’s brogues for the next series of Strictly. It’s a dream come true to be judging…

That was my first thought. We have to listen to him talk a lot more though. Hopefully he'll take the Len route and be technical and not try to be funny. Cos he's not.
He’s got one joke: “I’m a good dancer but my celebrity partner isn’t”. It’s a shit and condescending joke. He used it twice on something I saw him on recently. (The Wheel).

:thumbs:

That's a relief. I like maybe 2 of them, and I'm not sure I can stomach Anton. Bah, I was quite looking forward to it, too.

All of this.
It feels like it's come too soon, and it's all a bit... meh :(

I do love Nadia and Robert though

All of this.
It feels like it's come too soon, and it's all a bit... meh :(

I do love Nadia and Robert though
Nadia and Robert for me, too. Also the two boys. Many of these people are too perky by far, though. And Gordon Ramsey's daughter? What now?!

Back
Top Bottom