Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Storm Eunice, 18th Feb 2022 - news and discussion

The first ever red alert for wind in the SE of England, transport chaos. People advised to stay at home. It's pretty severe.

How have you been affected?
SE? I thought it was supposed to be SW.

Supposed to have 60-80mph winds here today. So far lots of rain and the short lived squall.

Was windy earlier but nothing unusual so far. Will see if its got any worse when i go out for my lunch break in about 30 mins.

Been pretty full-on down here in Cornwall. The roof of Sennen lifeboat station is now in the road, trees down, power out etc.

We're tucked away behind a hill so we get away with it most of the time. At the mo we've just had some free firewood from next door's oaks.

t's meant to calm down soon I think.

My gas meter Change over was cancelled but apart from that seems a bit lame in north Cornwall

I’ve not been out mind

This is the fifth severe storm in the UK since I think December, Scotland badly clobbered by three of them but sitting this one out (more or less). Where I am there's been snow, sleet and driving rain all day and it's windy and freezing.

These storms used to come along once a decade, now they're every other fucken week :(

Definitely passing in waves here. Was worst about 9am, then it went bright. Then it came back. Then came again and now it's bright again. But due back quite fiercely at 2pm according to BBC (70mph +). Which is great because that's when I have to go to the opticians, having sat on my glasses.

Back
Top Bottom