Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

STOP THE WAR COALITION MEETING OXFORD. 19/04/2022

Last edited:
Fwiw, that Simon Pirani blog that LynnDoyleCooper linked to elsewhere included a link to this exchange, where the chair of Brent Stop the War tries and fails to convince national StW to adopt
“• Russian troops out of Ukraine!
• No to war!
• Refugees welcome here!”
as a set of slogans:

Fwiw, that Simon Pirani blog that LynnDoyleCooper linked to elsewhere included a link to this exchange, where the chair of Brent Stop the War tries and fails to convince national StW to adopt
“• Russian troops out of Ukraine!
• No to war!
• Refugees welcome here!”
as a set of slogans:

"However, these demands do not address central features of the crisis. In particular, you are silent on the issue of NATO expansion."

For fucking fucks sake they are fucking obsessed.

The irony is that what will lead to the biggest increase in NATO militarization and possible expansion is a Russian victory. And the result that will see the smallest increase in NATO militarization is a Russian defeat, even if achieved with NATO provided weapons.

They just can't grasp that there are multiple imperialisms reacting to each other.

Had a quick scan of the articles on their main site and there was one decent one that didn't put all the focus on NATO but on closer inspection it was a repost of that Paul What's-his-face who's a Prof of Peace Studies and published on OpenDemocracy.

Are they inviting many Ukrainians to speak, or will it just be the usual mix of Assad apologists, anti-Semitic cranks and RT propagandists?
I invited AWL comrades to speak but they haven't got back to me!
Some ACR said they would turn up!
Could contact Ukrainian Society at Brookes!
However most Ukrainians I've met on building sites are quite bigoted and racist, which has a lot to do with their culture!
There was a guy mixed Russian Ukrainian ethnic background I used to get along with but haven't seen him for a while!

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR UKRAINIAN GROUPS TO INVITE?

I invited AWL comrades to speak but they haven't got back to me!
Some ACR said they would turn up!
Could contact Ukrainian Society at Brookes!
However most Ukrainians I've met on building sites are quite bigoted and racist, which has a lot to do with their culture!
There was a guy mixed Russian Ukrainian ethnic background I used to get along with but haven't seen him for a while!

ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR UKRAINIAN GROUPS TO INVITE?

You've outdone yourself.

I wonder what the spooks on here make of this (plus whoever is tasked with coordinating Nigel’s vulnerability support hub)

Back
Top Bottom