Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Squid Game

I'm interested to see what they do next, but didn't like squid game enough to get excited about what that will be.
The lead actor was very good and it looked nice, but the way the series captured several nations imaginations in retrospect seems like a fluke.
The multiple flaws in the games and the way the writers wrote themselves out of the interesting moral dilemmas made for a less interesting and challenging show than it could have been. I really liked the way the series subverted expectations with people leaving the game in the second episode . . but alas did not continue. The more the mystery behind the games was revealed, the more boring and straightforward it got. Now we know. Where will it go? I don't trust the creators / writers to come up with something interesting and inventive.

I'm interested to see what they do next, but didn't like squid game enough to get excited about what that will be.
The lead actor was very good and it looked nice, but the way the series captured several nations imaginations in retrospect seems like a fluke.
The multiple flaws in the games and the way the writers wrote themselves out of the interesting moral dilemmas made for a less interesting and challenging show than it could have been. I really liked the way the series subverted expectations with people leaving the game in the second episode . . but alas did not continue. The more the mystery behind the games was revealed, the more boring and straightforward it got. Now we know. Where will it go? I don't trust the creators / writers to come up with something interesting and inventive.

Don’t disagree with this at all, but as Netflix needs two more seasons to be global marquee attractions, maybe the writing team will have been beefed up somewhat.

Don’t disagree with this at all, but as Netflix needs two more seasons to be global marquee attractions, maybe the writing team will have been beefed up somewhat.
Well I disagree with your disagreement.
. . . But as most people don't seem to care about lazy hack writing to get themselves out of tough situations on well reguarded shows like this and 'The Bear', I very much doubt the writing will improve. I expect it to get lazier and and more boring as they attempt to replay 'the hits'. I can already see the 'iconic' robot kid face in the trailer, which was only a game one prop. . . I guess that's coming back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom