Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spotify Unwrapped 2022: it comes around earlier every year

Yup. Different people have different habits and needs. It’s not really a surprise. My preferred way to listen to music is on CD. But Spotify is part of my “balanced diet”, as somebody else put it. It’s got its downsides, but also its uses.
Same here plus a penchants for vinyl sessions in the shed during BBQ season. I ended up paying for Spotify through my kids when I discovered they both had all sorts of different accounts that their mother had been duped into paying for. I set up a family account and have my two kids and two of my wife's kids on it and the wife has a log in too.

That's 6 of us for a couple of quid each for a months hammering. I have it hooked up to the car, my work laptop and Alexa. I also get to listen to what the other family members are listening too which is quite funny especially when you find out the 17 yr old drill fan is listening to a bit of C&W on the sly.

I've discovered loads of new music through having access to other peoples playlists and there's a pretty vast back catalogue that seems endless if you're wanting to go back in time looking for shit you used to listen too.

I was always very sceptical of Spotify especially having my best pal (A Swede and an audiophile) going on about it for years but I use it daily now.

Last edited:
I listen to 99% music on Spotify.. suits my music habits perfectly - crap at organising/storing CDs, listen to all my music on my mobile... find it introduces me to a enough new stuff (which is often 'old stuff') via playlists/suggestions. I've tried bandcamp abit but don't really get it. Probably stick more money way of artist via gigs than I did buying CDs in the past.

Can't really imagine my life without Spotify, however dramatic that sounds. It has introduced me to loads of new artists as well.

Apparently my most played song is Not in Love by Crystal Castles and Robert Smith, and over the last 12 months, I've played it twice

I don't ever recall hearing it in my life

I got it to work. It accused me of being a “hypnotist” for listening to albums from beginning to end, as the artists had presumably intended, and then compounded the insult by saying that a taste for GYBE, the Fall and the Stranglers placed me in Edinburgh.

Always said moving the Spotify 2023 thread to the Santa Claus forum was a mistake. Not bitter.

Back
Top Bottom