Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

SpaceX rockets and launches

they needed string for that blue inflatable diplodocus . so not fully equipped ,

Elon should have got them some welsh wellies

The nose cone is deployed .. :)

What language is this because it certainly isn't English ..

Thrust is nominal ..

wtf

:-/

:)

Wow
Like the kid watching Apollo 11 all those years ago, I’ve been sitting here twitching and squeaking and the dog keeps bringing toys to make it better

What is this business of throttling down for max Q (is it, max resistance or something)?
This is when the aerodynamic forces are at their highest. The rocket is getting faster and faster, while the atmosphere is getting thinner and thinner. Max Q is when the effect of the thinning atmosphere outweighs the increasing speed and the air resistance starts to slack off. They deliberately lower the thrust at this time to keep the vehicle stresses low.

This is when the aerodynamic forces are at their highest. The rocket is getting faster and faster, while the atmosphere is getting thinner and thinner. Max Q is when the effect of the thinning atmosphere outweighs the increasing speed and the air resistance starts to slack off. They deliberately lower the thrust at this time to keep the vehicle stresses low.
Thanks Crispy, I figured it was something like that, they only throttled back for a short time though which is interesting.

Watching the post launch interview with the NASA boss, they were all quite nervous, the NASA boss said he was praying. Should they really have such little confidence?

Thanks Crispy, I figured it was something like that, they only throttled back for a short time though which is interesting.

Watching the post launch interview with the NASA boss, they were all quite nervous, the NASA boss said he was praying. Should they really have such little confidence?
Even the safest spaceflight is still a hairy business.

Basically you have humans in a small capsule strapped to the top of a massive fucking explosive device, anyone who isn't shitting their pants to some degree has something wrong with them...

Back
Top Bottom