Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So who's tried a Greggs vegan sausage roll/steak bake?

You do have to admire their marketing... The flip side being that you will be lucky to find somewhere where they haven't sold out though it seems. Although that may be down to underestimating the vegan demand. I've known people struggle to get those no bull burgers, sainsburys rarely have any of their vegan pizzas left or their vegan butter, and I've yet to go into a marstons pub when they don't have to go and check that they have all the stuff on their new vegan menu... Which is a good thing I guess

Greggs sausage rolls are about 18% pork. The non-meat one could be 82% the same product, or even 100% what the sausage one is 82%.

Just tried one for my prelunch. Had to get a meat one too for balance, of course, NOT greed, honest.
The vegan sausage roll is delicious. Just as good as the meat - more herby than peppery. The pasty is possibly better it's flaky enough but not oily. Would scoff again.

Is that real or for something else?
If it's real its really hard to comprehend how they all got together to agree the blockade. How do they logically explain what they are doing and what they want?

I think it's just an opportunist photo moment during one of their pointless demos. I guess the vegan sausage rolls could be halal though :D

Is that real or for something else?
If it's real its really hard to comprehend how they all got together to agree the blockade. How do they logically explain what they are doing and what they want?

This was posted on twitter, apparently from an EDL FB page. Its so ridiculous it has to be a parody.

DwJwYSCW0AAJVpf.jpg:large

Three left at Eccles Greggs, they're selling very well says Tracy.

I am very pleased to report mine was seriously delish. Flaky 'buttery' pastry, and a savoury herby squishy filling which is to my teeth and tongue quite indistinguishable from the meat-eaters porky mousse filling, though it has been a few years since I ate an animal one.

I would add more pepper personally perhaps. PROBABLY!

In all, speaking as Northerner with superior experience of pastry products, this would tick my sausage roll box any day of the week. It's not only big, but very, very clever of Mr Greggs and the Greggs family.

WOOKEY APPROVED :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom