Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shrimp Tank / Aquarium

Great tank pics :cool:

Mine is a bit grubby at the moment. Also storing some plants in there for the new tank so pics are a bit tricky. Especially as the new shrimp are quite pale/transparent :facepalm:

They are a lot more active than the Red Cherry Shrimp and go dashing around the tank. They are called Shrimpford Christie, Linford Shrimpie and Crust Akabusi :D

Handsome looking Shrimps there :cool: how many do you have now? I have 9-10 at the moment and no room (for now at least) for more :(

Interested in the light :cool:

Have got a weekend of tank maintenance planned. The plants are great but they do add a lot of detritus to the water/tank so need a good clean up. Hopefully the disruption does not cause any deaths :(

Handsome looking Shrimps there :cool: how many do you have now? I have 9-10 at the moment and no room (for now at least) for more :(

Interested in the light :cool:

Have got a weekend of tank maintenance planned. The plants are great but they do add a lot of detritus to the water/tank so need a good clean up. Hopefully the disruption does not cause any deaths :(

That makes 16 in total. Yes.. Having more life in the tank creates more cleaning but worth it. I'm sure the disruption won't cause deaths.

The light is made by Dennerle, as is the controller. Its not cheap but it puts out the kind of light that plants need to grow. I've also got a CO² set up in the tank and feed with fertiliser. The shrimp tank is much less high tech

My tank was set up in a bit of a rush due to ONE surviving fish :D so I did not aquascape it properly. Hopefully can move the fish and Shrimps to a smaller tank and clean/plant it properly this weekend :hmm: need a better light set up for the plants for sure.

In other news my very shy Synodontis (shynpdontis?) called Mr Big has been hiding for ages but came out tonight for some fish wafer. Has grown a LOT wherever he has been hiding.

20181207203308915.jpg

Blurry pic :facepalm:

Got some new fish for the large tank. Black Neons and Gold Minnows. Also got some more small grasses to fill the foreground

PSX_20181208_152811.jpg PSX_20181208_152832.jpg PSX_20181208_152852.jpg

Back
Top Bottom