Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Say hello to Barratt Homes' 'Brixton Square' on Coldharbour Lane (old Cooltan site)

Yes Belushi, but I WANT NEW, as I said before it ticks all my boxes, oh just in case anyone is Interested the projected rental on a two bed apartment is £360 a week

I realise it's not what you want in the area but from an investment perspective that is not a bad yield for your Investment DON'T HAVE A GO AT ME

Yes Belushi, but I WANT NEW, as I said before it ticks all my boxes, oh just in case anyone is Interested the projected rental on a two bed apartment is £360 a week

There's no need to shout :D How much would you be willing to go to if the builders keep raising the asking price?

cheers for the welcome BRIXTON HATTER, is Marks and Spencer's ok to shop in lol

The answer is yes. M&S have been in Brixton for years in good and bad times.

See here the Eds piece on M&S in Brixton

c. 1910 From humble beginnings...

This is Marks and Spencer's original Penny Bazaar, located in Arch 574 on Brixton Station Road.

Opening in 1903, it was the company's first London store. In 1931 they relocated to more impressive premises at 448-450 Brixton Road.

Which is way out of whack for the area. I suggest you read up on gentrification and a lot more of these forums etc....

Wow thanks for the M&S history lesson, even more reason to shop at one of my fav stores, but won't buy fish, veg, or meat there, spread the wealth and all that.

I think you are all grooming me to turn me into a lefty, I am already feeling guilty for moving in lol.
Editor I have bought in the 2nd phase, they have not released the prices yet, the equivalent apartment in phase one was £360,000 but Barratts have said because phase one was sold out in one month that the price may go up, so will have to wait, I have reserved an apartment so fingers crossed they keep it at the original price.

I do not follow this. So u reserve a flat and Barratts still have the right to up the price later on? How do Barratts square that? If you reserve a flat I would have thought its at the price at the time.

If that is correct then Barratts are right greedy C****.

I do not follow this. So u reserve a flat and Barratts still have the right to up the price later on? How do Barratts square that? If you reserve a flat I would have thought its at the price at the time.

If that is correct then Barratts are right greedy C****.

You wouldn't just think 'oh, okay then'..

New build is generally smaller, shitter, less noise proof and beige as fuck. How do you feel about the developers trying to get out of the social housing obligations that were originally granted in the planning application Mr Bim of Bar?

Yes if you reserve a flat on a phase that is not released then they reserve the right to increase the price on the release date. Once released then all the apartments in that phase are at a fixed price until sold.

kanda you can't stop market forces without a revolution

Actually u can control the market. Its what Social Democracy advocated as an alternative to Marxist revolution. Its what Thatcher hated and did her best to get rid of. Housing works in much different way in other European countries. Germany for example.

Wow thanks for the M&S history lesson, even more reason to shop at one of my fav stores, but won't buy fish, veg, or meat there, spread the wealth and all that.

A tip Mr Bim of Bar either quote the post ur replying to or put poster name in Mr Bim of Bar. Put @ then user name to do this. This means one does not miss reply to what one said.:) Also it can stop confusion about who ur referring to.

New build is generally smaller, shitter, less noise proof and beige as fuck. How do you feel about the developers trying to get out of the social housing obligations that were originally granted in the planning application Mr Bim of Bar?

But they are so neat and tidy with skirting boards that fit and professionally boxed in boilers rather than a hotch potch of bodged DIY like my flat. :oops:

/visited a new build recently]

You wouldn't just think 'oh, okay then'..

Not really.

Its like when you promise to buy in the Futures market. You agree to buy a certain amount of goods in 6 months time at a certain price. The price stays the same.

What Barratts are doing means they cannot lose. But means that someone looking to buy a flat has no idea if they will be able to move in. Means they cannot plan ahead. Seems crap to me.

But they are so neat and tidy with skirting boards that fit and professionally boxed in boilers rather than a hotch potch of bodged DIY like my flat. :oops:

/visited a new build recently]
Not once you move in... I rented one briefly, bits fell off it.... :(

Yes if you reserve a flat on a phase that is not released then they reserve the right to increase the price on the release date. Once released then all the apartments in that phase are at a fixed price until sold.

So Barrats are C****

Means u might pay more than first phase for same size flat.

:D

Nipsla I have knowledge of the social housing aspect, they did inform me that part of the block was dedicated to affordable housing, I won't lie it was not top of my agenda when I looked at the block all I wanted was a place to live

I realise it's not what you want in the area but from an investment perspective that is not a bad yield for your Investment DON'T HAVE A GO AT ME

5.2 per cent gross yield. Kanda's flat offers at least 7 per cent. Let for more than £1,000 a month, then more than 7 per cent!

5.2 per cent gross yield. Kanda's flat offers at least 7 per cent. Let for more than £1,000 a month, then more than 7 per cent!
Yeah, but you're using maths, and common sense. The barratts offering is basically for people who aren't worldly wise (I didn't mean that to come out sounding like a euphemism for old)... It is an easy, no thought required investment- that's their value proposition and why they are making so much money....

Back
Top Bottom