Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Say hello to Barratt Homes' 'Brixton Square' on Coldharbour Lane (old Cooltan site)

Or, alternatively, I'm sick of seeing part of my identity derided, and would like people to stop. Fuck off, teuchter. Don't start your 'comedy' contrarian shtick with me.
I agree with you. I'm simply quoting VP's response when I pulled him up for another of his 70s-style gender-based comedy insults recently.

I agree with you. I'm simply quoting VP's response when I pulled him up for another of his 70s-style gender-based comedy insults recently.
Perhaps it's best to keep your cross-poster, point-scoring beefs to yourself as it clearly adds nothing to the thread and only causes confusion and annoyance?

I've only just looked at the floorplans. WTF?

They're tiny, horrible flats. Silly money.

Really? In square footage, they are well short of your sprawling hilltop retreat but - when I checked the plans - they seemed to be reasonably sized, with quite some storage.

Really? In square footage, they are well short of your sprawling hilltop retreat but - when I checked the plans - they seemed to be reasonably sized, with quite some storage.

They're ok size I guess but for that price? The 2 bed ground floor flat I had to sell (split up with partner) was 1000 sq ft with 70ft garden and we bought late 2009 for £310k (top of the hill again)

(I've just rechecked the one I am buying, it's just shy of 700ft, not 800, my mistake)

I couldn't work out the orientation from the plans, but I'd certainly hope for good light on top of decent size and plenty of storage, for that sort of money.

They're ok size I guess but for that price? The 2 bed ground floor flat I had to sell (split up with partner) was 1000 sq ft with 70ft garden and we bought late 2009 for £310k (top of the hill again)

Your mentioning being at the top of a hill makes me wonder how well-insulated "Brixton Square" will be from the slings and arrows of Brixton's seasonal flooding, the ground floors being down at not much higher than places that usually flood.

(I've just rechecked the one I am buying, it's just shy of 700ft, not 800, my mistake)

It's a lot of money. But would be a fair bit more in that unmentionable neighbouring district

We could learn from the Americans in making more use of price per sq ft.

It's a lot of money. But would be a fair bit more in that unmentionable neighbouring district

We could learn from the Americans in making more use of price per sq ft.

Yup. My g/f paid £385k for 588sq ft.. Battersea, crazy money. She simply refuses to move away from walking distance to Clapham Junction so she can get home to her parents quickly as her old man isn't in the best of health. £215k more than mine for about 100sq ft less!!!

Lol lol lol just meant it would be great for tenants to have no problems with leaking taps etc etc etc but take you point and it made me smile
Your faith in the build quality is very sweet. I know three or four people who have moved into new-build places - all had multiple problems on moving in. A snag list as long as the funky brochure you probably read...

Your faith in the build quality is very sweet. I know three or four people who have moved into new-build places - all had multiple problems on moving in. A snag list as long as the funky brochure you probably read...
Better to buy a flat in a subdivided crumbling victorian terrace house that has just been spruced up for sale by the previous owners. There are never any problems with those, I've heard.

Fair play to Mr Bim for a. Sticking around to defend themselves and b. Not chucking a mental when challenged and getting instabanned

So far :D

Yes but these apartments come with a five year warranty so you will be vitually maintenance free and no grief from your tenants
Grief from tenants? You mean when things go wrong like the boiler or there's a leak? How unreasonable of tenants to want such things fixed.

And what's so wrong with being a 'lefty' anyways?

I hear you, but no point in me going in with a negative attitude, I am looking forward to moving in to the area so have to have a little faith

Fair play to Mr Bim for a. Sticking around to defend themselves and b. Not chucking a mental when challenged and getting instabanned

So far :D
Hey it's all good for me, I can't be negative, for all I know it may be perfect with no snagging, I may be soooooo happy I might invite you all in For drinks x

Grief from tenants? You mean when things go wrong like the boiler or there's a leak? How unreasonable of tenants to want such things fixed.

And what's so wrong with being a 'lefty' anyways?
hey hang fast Lefty, I was just saying that because it's a new build the chances are that tenant will be happy as THE BOILER. etc should all be up to scratch and trouble free. THEREBY NOTHING NEEDS FIXING.

Back
Top Bottom