hydraulic system leak

kick against the pricks

kings cross angel falls

last starfighter

Love Yurts

luck of understanding

muddy yurts

Nazarine Thunder Box

pages from the red book of redmarch (volume 1)

sea changes

songs of taiga and ice

tech tonic

the nethersphere

transvaginal ultrasound

truthless for the tories

uncomradely liberal shitstain

white pill

yurts at the marquee

with ‘nail gun’

acoustic shock
You're missing:

Big Ruddy Talk Good (spoken word LP)

Auto Erratic

Runnin' on Empty

The Jaffa Cake Sessions

Just Take It All, You Cow! (the spite album)

Ruddy's Renal Colic

Hoo, Ruddy!

Yurts Donut, volumes 1-6

I don't know if you'd want to include Bactrian Deer, as it was never intended to be a studio album.

You're missing:

Big Ruddy Talk Good (spoken word LP)

Auto Erratic

Runnin' on Empty

The Jaffa Cake Sessions

Just Take It All, You Cow! (the spite album)

Ruddy's Renal Colic

Hoo, Ruddy!

Yurts Donut, volumes 1-6

I don't know if you'd want to include Bactrian Deer, as it was never intended to be a studio album.
yeh. bactrian deer's just 40 minutes of ry chasing a deer round a recording studio while he was tripping, so very much an acquired taste

Yep. And I think, if we were to put up a RY wiki page, it would be as well if it went up as a fait accompli, rather than in dribs and drabs...
And to do it properly and for added authenticity you're gonna have to list the associated acts and set up wiki pages for the various other bands mentioned in the thread, and go and edit various other wiki pages for people who cite RY as influences! It'll be a big ask but so worth it.

And to do it properly and for added authenticity you're gonna have to list the associated acts and set up wiki pages for the various other bands mentioned in the thread, and go and edit various other wiki pages for people who cite RY as influences! It'll be a big ask but so worth it.
I read those words, but all I heard was "I volunteer" :D

Its not on my Albanian Import copy.
The Albanian stuff was heavily censored. And, given Yurts' predilection for elliptical (or elliptical-seeming) references, and the paranoia of the regime at the time, it's a wonder most of his vinyl didn't emerge with a run-in groove, a run-out groove, and that was it. Of course, that particular album was the celebrated 0'5", which wasn't released in Albania anyway.

Loving the wiki page!:D

"This was Yurts' own tribute to the Beatles, and consists of a number of covers of Beatles tracks. The release of the album prompted some legal difficulties when it emerged that no permission had been sought from Apple Music for the recordings, but the matter was resolved out of court when it was accepted that, owing to the radical freeform nature of Yurts' performing, none of the covers were recognisable as the original songs in any case, and a token payment was agreed in respect of the album's use of the song titles alone."

Pmsl.

24th June will be the fourth anniversary of Ruddy's "passing". It is hard to imagine that we have been without this luminary for four years already - I shall be at a special eco-gathering in the Far West of Wales, to celebrate his life, and thus unlikely to be able to post on Urban on the anniversary date itself - apparently the particular methods used for preparing the anticipated mescaline mushroom stroganoff interfere with mobile reception quite badly.

I have no doubt that Urban will mark this sombre occasion with all the respectfulness and sobriety that such an occasion warrants, and shall look forward, on my return, to an account of the various events and activities that will have honoured the day.

24th June will be the fourth anniversary of Ruddy's "passing". It is hard to imagine that we have been without this luminary for four years already - I shall be at a special eco-gathering in the Far West of Wales, to celebrate his life, and thus unlikely to be able to post on Urban on the anniversary date itself - apparently the particular methods used for preparing the anticipated mescaline mushroom stroganoff interfere with mobile reception quite badly.

I have no doubt that Urban will mark this sombre occasion with all the respectfulness and sobriety that such an occasion warrants, and shall look forward, on my return, to an account of the various events and activities that will have honoured the day.

Any chance of a lift in the campervan if I get myself over to yours?

Cover art famously shot in Newcastle city centre, the distinctive architecture of the Central Library building (now sadly demolished to make way for some light-filled, user-friendly monstrosity) providing an appropriately brutalist stand-in after permission for the bonfire/effigy combo was refused in Minsk, Warsaw and Bucharest successively.

Back
Top Bottom