Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Robin Hood's tree now a stump (iconic tree at Hadrian's Wall)

Gossip on the tweets is that the 16yo is an ex NT apprentice who was sacked - he'd threatened to chop down the tree in revenge, and put it on Snapchat....

Could be total bollocks of course - but whatever, the tree wasn't felled by anyone who didn't have both serious equipment and knowledge..that's a big commercial chainsaw that's done that, not something you'd by from B&Q on a whim.
ummm.

Okaaayyy.

He can't have been with the NT very long, not at 16, because of the school leaving "rules" ...
- so, that still leaves how did he learn to wield a large commercial grade chainsaw and get that good a cut.

Also, the ground surface is quite uneven & packed with stones that are worn smooth, plus it slopes away quite sharply to the south.

i'm feeling a little calmer about this now. Still not happy, but more relaxed. The soothing balm of Urban good sense and humour can work wonders. Not to mention the half bottle of wine with my tin of pea soup and cheese bits.

i would still adore a hand built classical guitar made from the old Ent though..
I must admit that I'm still exceptionally annoyed about the situation, the past day hasn't made much difference to how strongly a lot of the local people are feeling over the loss of the tree.
The idea that it might regenerate is helping some people cope, especially those with an emotional connection {such as they scattered gramp's ashes there last year}.

Would appear that the "Twice Brewed" the closest watering hole & microbrewery has an ale named "Sycamore Gap" the bottle label shows said iconic feature.

They're so pissed off that they've offered a £1,500 bar tab to anyone that fingers the mad axeman [chainsaw operator] and secures a conviction.
I might nip along tomorrow and add a few ££

1695584803139~2.png

Back
Top Bottom