Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP YouTube

I pay for youtube because I watch quite a lot of stuff on it and much of the content I think is way higher quality than anything on "TV". I'm happy to pay to get rid of the adverts and happy for the creators to get some cash.

However ... I'm now getting quite fed up with the lengthy sponsor segments that appear in many videos. I've paid to not waste my time watching adverts; now they are being added in on the sly. That's not what the deal was.
At least you can skip them

I pay for youtube because I watch quite a lot of stuff on it and much of the content I think is way higher quality than anything on "TV". I'm happy to pay to get rid of the adverts and happy for the creators to get some cash.

However ... I'm now getting quite fed up with the lengthy sponsor segments that appear in many videos. I've paid to not waste my time watching adverts; now they are being added in on the sly. That's not what the deal was.
I agree, really annoying. This will help: Home

Well this morning I have already watched a video from Rebecca Watson on Texas abortion rights or the lack of, a deepfocuslens review of The Iron Claw and I'm just starting a video on whether Jesus was born in Bethlemhem from religionforbreakfast all before I go to work, I'll watch a bunch more when I get back and I'll probably sneak one or two in while at work. This is entirely normal for me. I hardly watch television/television like streaming services any more (I watched the new series from Inside no.9 and Black Mirror this year and that's it). I pay to get rid of the ads and I can skip sponsorship spiels (and tbh the best youtubers don't do sponsorship).

The ever increasing amount of adverts on there is insane. 2 adverts before a 5 minute video which gets interrupted 2 minutes in for 2 more unskippable adverts? Fuck off! I understand that they have to make money but that's nuts. So I'm fucking them off and I'm not paying to subscribe.

I'll watch QVC instead. Less adverts!
I've got an ad blocker, which means I have to watch videos in an incognito window. Which means in turn that YouTube gets no likes or other feedback. Feels like they're shooting themselves in the foot...

Back
Top Bottom