Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan, aged 46

I'm not as cool as you lot so I actually liked the Cranberries, largely for her voice, the way it broke perfectly and the way her accent added to the sound. They were one of my favourite bands back in the day and I still listen to them a fair bit on Spotify. 46 is very young :(

She did suffer a tough life. Sexually abused for four years as a child, anorexia, she burnt out during the 1st stint in The Cranberries, suicide attempts, an accident that left her in a lot of pain with years of physio, sleeping pill addiction, father died, marriage collapsed, air rage incident and arrest, depression, break downs, struggles with alcohol. She fought hard to overcome all of these things.

She has four kids too.

Very sad.

She did suffer a tough life. Sexually abused for four years as a child, anorexia, she burnt out during the 1st stint in The Cranberries, suicide attempts, an accident that left her in a lot of pain with years of physio, sleeping pill addiction, father died, marriage collapsed, air rage incident and arrest, depression, break downs, struggles with alcohol. She fought hard to overcome all of these things.

She has four kids too.

Very sad.
Not being a Cranberries fan, I knew nothing of this. That is very sad, especially for her kids.

Tragic :(

I had no idea she had Four children. No idea about her life. 46 :( So very sad whether you liked her music, or not. Her voice was The Cranberries really - few bands have done more for Irish rock music on a World stage.

What a sad day.

I'm not as cool as you lot so I actually liked the Cranberries, largely for her voice, the way it broke perfectly and the way her accent added to the sound. They were one of my favourite bands back in the day and I still listen to them a fair bit on Spotify. 46 is very young :(
it might just be a generational thing. but fair play. I am listening now to see what I missed, :(

She has a fantastic voice. I wasn't a Cranberries fan, but I did like her voice (not as much as I like Sinead's)

I liked this

Fuck, remember getting into them in the mid 90's, then a few months ago thinking how remiss it was that I'd never seen them live given I'd love to, so looking up what they were doing now. Guess I now never will. :(

She has four kids too.

Very sad.

Wish I hadn't read this :(

There is a big party tonight in Dublin for Shane Magowan's 60th with Nick Cave, and lots of other friends and artists. I bet he doesnt feel like celebrating. So sad :(.

Back
Top Bottom