Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Liam Payne (One Direction)

RIP Liam.

Very sad. Due to 1D obsessed daughter, I ended up seeing them a few times. I think he had some addiction issues while the band was till going; booze definitely but also 'epilepsy drugs' which I guess could be anything from gabapentin to clonazepam; none of which are the most healthy to abuse.

Me & Lil'FA used to howl along to all their tunes in the car; this was a favourite (and one of the tunes Liam had a hand in writing):

God knows was going on when he died but it sounded like he was not in a good way. Transcript of the call from the hotel to the emegency services below, and here. (translated from Spanish)

Hotel manager: "Good morning. I'm calling from Hotel Casa Sur Palermo, Costa Rica 6032."

Call handler: "What is happening sir?"

Hotel manager: "We have a guest drunk with drugs and alcohol. When he [them, gender not clear in conversation] is conscious he is breaking everything in the room."

Call handler: "You said alcohol and drugs..."

Hotel manager: "This is correct."

Call handler: "You said Costa Rica intersecting where?"

Hotel manager: "Costa Rica 6032."

Call handler: "Repeat."

Hotel manager: "Costa Rica 6032."

Call handler: "How is the hotel called?"

Hotel manager: "Caza Azul Palermo. We need to send someone with urgency because I don't know if the guest's life is in danger because he is in a room with balcony, and we are afraid he could do something that threatens life."

Call handler: "How long has he been there? Is it a long stay hotel?"

Hotel manager: "[The guest] has been for the past three days."

Call handler: "You don't any other information because you can't get in. Right?"

Hotel manager: "No."

Call handler: "We are also notifying SAME [Medical Emergency Attention Service]."

Hotel manager: "We are asking to send someone with urgency because..."

Call handler: "We are doing that. Any other data to give me. Who are you?"

Hotel manager: "I'm the desk manager."

Call handler: "Person in charge of the place."

Hotel manager: "Yes."

Call handler: "It has been notified. What is your name, sir?"

Hotel manager: "Esteban."

Call handler: "Thanks for calling. Be online."

Hotel manager: "Are you sending police too."

Call handler: "Police from the delegation... Let me confirm."

Hotel manager: "No, no, only SAME, only SAME [Medical Emergency Attention Service]."

Call handler: "Don't worry because they have already been notified."

Hotel manager: "Because as you said he is under the influence of alcohol and drugs, SAME personnel can't enter alone."

Call handler: "You can ask that to the police, but if SAME needs them, they will notify you."

Hotel manager: "Good, OK, perfect."

Call handler: "Have a good day."

Hotel manager: "Thanks, you too."

I can’t confirm this as I didn’t research it. However, a coworker of mine told me today how gutted she is as “the band’s music raised” her. That all she has done in her 22 years has moments that the music helped her with life. This next bit is what I can’t confirm. She said the band was due for a reunion of sorts and the unfortunate part is now the band will get back together for a funeral.

I can understand the remark about ANY band getting back together for someone’s funeral, but I don’t know about any type of planned reunion.

My thoughts about the transcript of the emergency phone call - glad it was called in but maybe they couldn’t release a name or gender because he still needed a form of anonymity? Until family or managers give the okay or confirmation it was him, the hotel couldn’t make comments? But it does sound like he was doing no good due to some form of intoxication. It’s really too bad it ended with his death. I wish whatever was going on, someone could have helped. Maybe they did, we don’t know. Like I said previously, I hope maybe parents can use this as a teaching lesson for their children. Keep communication open.

With his child, I hope there’s enough videos of personal time between them that memories can remain. The family keeps the positives of Liam alive.

Just 31. That's crazy young. Very sad.
I can't even begin to imagine the pressures of being super famous and then not so super famous and being surrounded by all the arseholes that fame and money attract.
There's a tik tok out there of him allegedly an hour before the incident. He's drinking coffee and calm as a summer's afternoon

Back
Top Bottom