Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Liam Payne (One Direction)

Petcha there’s lots of questions about what happened and there’s been lots of concerns about his behaviour and actions in recent times and that will be talked about and picked over endlessly.

There’s also a huge amount of rumour and speculation that might not actually be true.

For now, can you stop being a cunt about it and accept there’s a young man who has clearly experienced real struggles and incredible pain and there’s now a family including a little kid who doesn’t have their dad.

Much like Caroline Flack, we have someone here who has been under massive scrutiny very recently and it might be that he’s deliberately ended his life in part as a result of this backlash.

This.

I’m genuinely sad about this. I remember Liam’s X-factor audition (think it was the second one) and it was the best one I’ve ever seen.

He’s had some awful publicity lately, none of which is behaviour that can be condoned, although I think there’s a much wider conversation there on societal attitudes and the effects of giving young men too much
money and nobody saying no to them. (See also, footballers).

However, the man who was seemingly a lovely young man when he walked into that world, is dead at 31, in a tragic and senseless way, clearly not in a good state for whatever reason. His seven year old son no longer has his father and his parents and sisters no longer have their son and brother. You can’t paint that as anything other than a tragedy.

Last edited:
Why was he alone? I don't know much about how famouses move, but surely he would have had a PA to look after him, and read his emails and soften them up, someone to tell him where to be and at what time. Someone to soften the blow to bad news. Someone who knows his history and behaviour.

:facepalm:

I think it was probably more the case he was having a mental health episode brought on or enhanced by drink and/or drugs and exacerbated by bad personal and work news. another young person used and abused by the music and celebrity industry, then discarded without a care when he stopped being profitable enough.
Is that your expert opinion?

Why was he alone? I don't know much about how famouses move, but surely he would have had a PA to look after him, and read his emails and soften them up, someone to tell him where to be and at what time. Someone to soften the blow to bad news. Someone who knows his history and behaviour.
he's just been dropped by universal; management co. too? his gf just flew back to the us. the fandom are all over it.

Why was he alone? I don't know much about how famouses move, but surely he would have had a PA to look after him, and read his emails and soften them up, someone to tell him where to be and at what time. Someone to soften the blow to bad news. Someone who knows his history and b
Jesus. There's still a duty of care, surely.
You'd like to think so, eh. Cowell has stepped down from x-factor for the foreseeable, potentially unrelated but does appear odd timing.
His recent ex has penned a book about him and their relationship, I presume that didn't help matters either.

So a massive tantrum about losing his fame gone wrong. The pics on the mail of his hotel room look like he was maybe on smack or crack?

I always wonder what drives people like you? Where blame and judgement and condemnation is your first instinct upon hearing that someone has died a tragic death. That you put your need to pile in on dead person before everything else.

As if that dead person represents nothing more to you than an opportunity for you to rid yourself of some anger you have that has nothing necessarily to do with the dead person but everything to do with some begrudgery you hold that random (and it seems, in this instance, rich) dead people bring out in you.

It's an awful look.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom