Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

RIP Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan, aged 46

editor

hiraethified
1516037013466.jpg

Bloody hell. Only 46.
The Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan has died in London at the age of 46, her publicist has confirmed.

The Irish musician, originally from Limerick, led the band to international success in the 90s with singles including Linger and Zombie.

A statement from her publicist said: "The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries was in London for a short recording session.

"No further details are available at this time."

It added: "Family members are devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time."
Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan dies

Whoa - that was unexpected :(

(One of my dubious claims to fame was that my band were offered a support slot with the Cranberries in Sheffield (about ‘92) when they were still obscure but turned it down since the invite came from our ex-guitarist who we weren’t well disposed towards at the time. Tenuous I know...)

Whoa - that was unexpected :(

(One of my dubious claims to fame was that my band were offered a support slot with the Cranberries in Sheffield (about ‘92) when they were still obscure but turned it down since the invite came from our ex-guitarist who we weren’t well disposed towards at the time. Tenuous I know...)
1993 was when they really took off. At the time I would have dismissed them as rubbish, and not even funny like the Frank and Walters were, but I'm getting all nostalgic about them now. . . I last heard them on a Reeling in the Years ep, one from, yes you guessed it, 1993.

No Need To Argue was one of the albums on permanent rotation in the car when I was a kid. Dolores' voice always went straight through me, even before I knew anything at all about music I could tell that there was something special going on there.

Only 46, she must have been barely out of short trousers when the Cranberries took off.

RIP

Blimey. Too young. I never really got into their music at the time, as far as buying CDs wise. But they seemed to be a constant in the mid 90s and I didnt' mind really.

RIP

Back
Top Bottom