Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Red Dead Redemption 2

I finished the main plot a couple of weeks ago. I'm having a bit of a rest from it at the moment, then I might start it again and play things differently to see how it affects the storyline.
I'm in the epilogue but have lost my rdr wood for a bit. I'm sure it will return.

I got it in February and only just finished it a few weeks ago. That was with a few full day sessions but mainly weekends. I don't tend to rush through games though.
There's a lot to do in RDR2 which has nothing to do with progressing the game and everything to do with just having fun and exploring.
Just the best game I've ever played on PS4

I pre-ordered but fuck me this game is riddled with bugs. Lots of people can't even get it started. I can but there are huge CPU spikes happening all the time and I have some odd graphics issues where the menu isn't displaying properly. I've sort of fixed the CPU issue by running some software that throttles it back whenever it gets to 98%. It's shit though. Games get released all the time these days with seemingly no testing at all.

So the online multiplayer, gta was a griefer fest but this has solved it. I now look forward to the odd griefer as when playing in passive mode anyone that attacks can't one shot you and shows up on the radar for greater distance, enabling you to track them and fight back at your leisure without losing your passive state.

Just completed it this weekend. I've been playing it for over a year, although I didn't go near it when the weather was good in the Summer. Best computer game I've ever played.

And I'm still playing it - there's still Skinner Brothers need teaching a lesson in them thar hills, I've not done any of the challenges yet, Uncle needs me to get him a skunk and some whiskey to cure his VD :hmm:... etc etc

Absolutely fucking brilliant game. Loved it.

It's ace. Fucking bounties though. Managed to get me a small bounty in Valentine for no apparent reason then proceeded to shoot everyone who came near me, thinking it was like GTA and I'd just die or get nicked and it would all be ok but no, I couldn't go anywhere without bounty hunters hassling me. Had to spunk all my money at a post office to get it cleared.

It's ace. Fucking bounties though. Managed to get me a small bounty in Valentine for no apparent reason then proceeded to shoot everyone who came near me, thinking it was like GTA and I'd just die or get nicked and it would all be ok but no, I couldn't go anywhere without bounty hunters hassling me. Had to spunk all my money at a post office to get it cleared.
Yep, there's been a few times when I've accidentally pulled a gun while talking to someone then ended up with a state wide dead or alive bounty :facepalm:

saying that anyone who is playing an find the eugenics guy in saint Denis

you get a free pass on that guy

:D

I beat him and hogtied the fella in front of the law and then put him on my horse and feed him to a crocodile without even getting an honor hit

:thumbs:

Last edited:
There are seemingly a lot more consequences to being a cunt in this than GTA that I'm not so happy with. Also, the PC controls are awful. But it just looks so amazing and is so well done.

There are seemingly a lot more consequences to being a cunt in this than GTA that I'm not so happy with
Tbf I like this aspect, it makes you think a bit more before doing things.

You can chase after the witnesses and try and talk them round, but I find it's 50/50 whether they agree or you end up with the whole town chasing you :D

Tbf I like this aspect, it makes you think a bit more before doing things.

You can chase after the witnesses and try and talk them round, but I find it's 50/50 whether they agree or you end up with the whole town chasing you :D

The witness thing caught me out earlier too. I'd had a tear up with a bunch of o'driscolls and was busy looting their camp and it said I'd been witnessed doing a crime but I couldn't find the witness anywhere. There wasn't a dot on the map either.

The witness thing caught me out earlier too. I'd had a tear up with a bunch of o'driscolls and was busy looting their camp and it said I'd been witnessed doing a crime but I couldn't find the witness anywhere. There wasn't a dot on the map either.
That sometimes happens, I'm not sure if it's deliberate or a bug :hmm:

Stick your mask on if it's a planned tear up, then you should avoid being recognised :thumbs:

Just realised there's still two or three legendary beasts to hunt in the new bit in the South.

I was paying one last visit to The Trapper, my favourite character, just for old times sake, *sniff*. :( He said something new about a white cougar near Gaptooth Ridge. :cool:

Ok. I have finished it properly now.

Bagged the last Legendary Animal, made a decent suit out of a cougar, then rode home to my farm. Sat down in front of my fire while my wife and son slept, poured a whisky, lit a cigar, logged off.

Roll credits. The End. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom