Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recomend me the best ministry album(s) and some other good industrial

sim667

All aboard the 303 bus.
I've been going through my old cd's and came across ministry - antisomnia which i didnt like when i bought it, but had a listen and i do like it now...... what other minstry albums are good? Is dark side of the spoon a good one (i remember it cus of the name).

Im also after similar bands, ive got loads of KMFDM/MDFMK, and ive got stuff like NIN and rammstein anyway. I've had a listen to skinny puppy too..... it seems very meh.

land of rape & honey, a mind is a terrible thing to taste and ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ are my favourites. but anything from rape & honey up to filth pig is worth checking out.

the various side projects are all good - lard (with jello biafra), revolting cocks, pailhead (with ian mackaye), 1000 homo djs (with trent reznor). they did an album with cabaret voltaire under the name acid horse which i've yet to form an opinion on.

as far as other similar stuff goes, i'm a fan of the various jim thirlwell aliases - foetus, foetus inc, scraping foetus off the wheel etc.

i have this wax trax comp, which is pretty good, if a bit uneven. plenty to go at there.

land of rape & honey, a mind is a terrible thing to taste and ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ are my favourites. but anything from rape & honey up to filth pig is worth checking out.

the various side projects are all good - lard (with jello biafra), revolting cocks, pailhead (with ian mackaye), 1000 homo djs (with trent reznor). they did an album with cabaret voltaire under the name acid horse which i've yet to form an opinion on.

as far as other similar stuff goes, i'm a fan of the various jim thirlwell aliases - foetus, foetus inc, scraping foetus off the wheel etc.

i have this wax trax comp, which is pretty good, if a bit uneven. plenty to go at there.

brill thanks, I'd heard land of rape and honey and dark side..... were good. I certainly look at the side projects too.

I swearing I had some of the foetus names you mentioned in my old mp3's which are long gone, but will certainly check them out.

Im pretty keen on the KMFDM vs Skold album and KMFDM generally..... I hadnt realised skold had done a fair bit of solo stuff so ill look that up to.

On youtube ive just found another band called 16volt with this industrial sound i like, thoughts on them?

well seeing as you've mentioned rammstein and NIN. I feel able to say fear factory and pitchshifter. Not really industrial, but certainly that side of metal.

Try pitchshifters infotainment(and www. if you like it) & fear factory's demanufacture.

No promises, but both of em float my boat. Saying that the only other band mentioned thus far i have time for is godflesh.

dave

This plus Swans. Not really industrial in the fast guitar/ lots of swearing/ unintentional homoeroticism sense (I say this affectionately...if it wasn't for Ministry I might still be listening to late 80s hair metal) but hits the spot for me.

Try pitchshifters infotainment(and www. if you like it) & fear factory's demanufacture.

Yeah Im well au faix with them, had a little pitchshifter obsession when i was a teen and went to see them 23 times within a 4 year period. Fear factory were the first band I ever saw live, opening ozzfest '98 and then went to see them a month or 2 later at the astoria...... still one of the best gigs ive been to, the support bands were shit hot (especially kilgore, they're no more but they've got an album out called 'a search for reason' under the name kilgore and an album called 'blue collar solitude' (i think) under the name kilgore smudge) - the kilgore album is brilliant.

Thanks for all the suggestions, this will be my sunday research :)

Young Gods?

There's a great live Ministry DVD called (I think) "In case you didn't feel like showing up", which I still find exciting to watch - they play Land of Rape & Honey and Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste material behind a wire fence. There's a great encore too, with Jello Biafra sieg heiling all over the place. One of the best live DVDs I have seen (but I ain't seen many).

Back
Top Bottom