Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

razor blades under fascist stickers - myth or not?

This cropped up again on twitter today as part of a discussion about NF stickers appearing around Camden.

Basically the story goes that one should be very careful when removing fascist stickers from lamp posts, walls, wherever, because they might have razor blades underneath them.

It was suggested that the best thing to do is to carry around your own stickers to put over the fascist ones.

I have to say, I've been removing fash stickers since the mid 80s and my fingers are very much still intact.

Has this ever happened to you, or someone you know?
Yes, in Loughton in the 1970s there was a sticker on a lamp post with a razor blade beneath it. I had heard about this practice, so removed it using a door key.

This from RMT

This looks to me like an attempt to deter people from removing the stickers. It even includes a call not to remove the stickers. Just one sticker with a blade is enough to keep people afraid, if it's even real. And then well meaning folk will perpetuate the message.

I wonder if the two stickers in the two pictures are even the same, on the left the sticker is on a beige surface but we can see different colored paint residue (blues and reds) on the sticker on the right.

Use a tool regardless (coin/key/knife/screwdriver/scraper/whatever) and you will be safe and it's also a lot easier.

Thanks to everyone but especially Serge Forward and Pickman's model for their help with this:

What a a great resource, thank you for writing!

Back
Top Bottom