Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rave reports!

That was one year when they tried something new. Then it went back to minehead. Then they ended it as they didn't make enough money. One of the co-owners made some stupid comments about punters too.
its all coming back to me....yeah i thought butlins was after the fuck up

I want to go to this. My mate Dave is playing but asking for guest list these days is a bit off after everyone spent 18 months + earning no money.

events%2FtDgqAB9CI5qN6j32BOnX4LqUKZRlRD

That is a nice line up. Not keen on Tobacco Dock, but not been there for a long time.

Yes some people there I've never seen, Juan Atkins and Carl Craig for 2.

Also Kevin Saunderson is playing. Legend. Jon DaSilva plays some really nice acidy stuff when I've heard him on the radio.

That was one year when they tried something new. They fucked up pretty badly. Then it went back to minehead. Then they ended it as they didn't make enough money. One of the co-owners made some stupid comments about punters too.

Yeah looks like the clusterfuck was way back in 2012: Bloc Weekend 2012. I remember being very tempted by that one because they had the old ship there and then being very glad that I didn't go when I heard about it afterwards.

They managed to limp on for a few years after though it seems.

If health allows will be heading to this alldayer - daytime makes it all a bit more manageable right now - definitely will be an older crowd at this., hence 2pm to 10pm :D
heaven, charing cross
Jungle Fever, Raindance, Kool KM 30th Bday

Arena: Jungle Fever

Brockie & Det (90 minute set)
DJ Ron & DJ SL + MC Moose (2hr Special)
Bryan G & Navigator (90 minute set)
Kenny Ken & Ragga Twins (90 minute set)
Devious D & MC Blacka + Shockin B (90 minute set)

Arena: Raindance 32nd Birthday

Rat Pack (Live)
Shades of Rhythm (Live)
Slipmatt (90 minute set)
Billy Daniel Bunter (90 minute set)
Rob Tissera
Ellis D
DJ Vibes

Hosts:
Five Alive
Strict
Moose

Arena: Jenkins Lane / 88 - 90

Steve Proctor (90 minute set)
Trevor Fung (90 minute set)

Fat Controller
Joey G
Dave Minns
Backtrak & Spencer Taffs

Host:
Chalkey White

Arena: Kool30 / Celebrating 30 years of Kool FM

Nicky Blackmarket B2B DJ Millz
Uncle Dugs
Ruffstuff
Funky Flirt
DJ Uno
DJ Ital
Daddy Nature
Q-Gritty
Future Thinkin
Dj Virus

Hosts:

Shockin B, Jr Dangerous, Blacka, Illmatika, Rude Boy Keith, Rassterlin, Remadee, Melo D, Sparkin

The Ultimate Old Skool & Jungle promoters team up for the 1st time ever!

100% authentic vibes!

i heard a big one got shut down on halloween, riot police and all. Shows the police are still up for heavy handed confrontation.

there is no way the age group thats targeted at will be able to read the lineup, even with their readers on.
It's sold out so some old ravers have glasses it seems !
Sorry, on phone and couldn't link the image , will try again...is this better?
events%2FhQof8rrhTUevV1ads28wayDCje2dhv

(Small chance might be able to get a crew ticket.. Fingers well and truly crossed)

That is nice!

I've been to two nights last year. DVS1 and a local night strictly yes. Hopefully I can do more this year starting with Helena Huff and Bantu next month. :)

Still tickets available no?

It’s one of those events that does drip drip tickets.

I really want to go, my mate Dave is DJing and I have a rave dad Twitter meet up to attend.

Todd fucking Terry.

just looking at Printworks events...they all finsih at 11pm! Tobacco Dock too...wtf is that about
They are day events aren't they? You can carry on afterwards. Think those venues only have day licence/see it as a nieche. Obviously they should carry on.

I'd like to get to fold at some point who do it the right way around.

What's Motion like? I've allways had the impression it was a bit big, with on top security and not as down and dirty as other venues?
I remember it from its pre-Motion days as Sk8 & Ride, when it had a really fun, rough'n'ready vibe. I think one of the first music events there was a benefit for the Bristol affinity group's main action for J18, with Citizen Fish supported by a Japanese hardcore band. The ramps still had riders and skaters on them through the show. Late in the night the police turned up wanting to know 'who the organisers were'. I stuffed the group's cut down my pants and slipped out, before taking quiet back streets until holing up at Dings Park off Oxford Street to count out several hundred quid by moonlight. Think after that Avon & Somerset leaned pretty hard on the management which meant it was hard for them to put on events. Whenever I visited Motion after that it felt a bit too try-hard, bit too pricey, bit too glossy. They seemed to have city centre-style security measures on the door but I don't think I ever had any grief from security people.

I want to go to this. My mate Dave is playing but asking for guest list these days is a bit off after everyone spent 18 months + earning no money.

events%2FtDgqAB9CI5qN6j32BOnX4LqUKZRlRD

Tickets bought. I'll probably hate the crowds, the queues, the wait for booze but by christ I'm going to give it a go.

Todd Terry by hook or by crook.

Been having some great bedroom raves recently - need to splash out on some studio quality noise cancelling headphones

Also going to Planet shroom (psy trance) also at Trinity , on March 12th....
And then 13 years of Jungle Syndicate Jungle Syndicate at Lakota, Bristol on 2nd of April.

I might be at Jungle Syndicate! I have a mate who loves it and they mentioned it to me. I'll let you know if I go.

I'm just starting a new job so going to lay low for a few weeks was tempted by the sofa sounds night at Trinity but not likely to be around.

Saw Helena Huff and Batu the other week but it was a bit disappointing.

I might be at Jungle Syndicate! I have a mate who loves it and they mentioned it to me. I'll let you know if I go.

I'm just starting a new job so going to lay low for a few weeks was tempted by the sofa sounds night at Trinity but not likely to be around.

Saw Helena Huff and Batu the other week but it was a bit disappointing.
D'oh! Me and Meduza were there, didn't spot you ... it's been a while! We had a good night. Thought the sound was amazing, bit too loud at the end/ at points. Thought Batu was good and enjoyed Helena. But preferred her set at the last Bangface.

D'oh! Me and Meduza were there, didn't spot you ... it's been a while! We had a good night. Thought the sound was amazing, bit too loud at the end/ at points. Thought Batu was good and enjoyed Helena. But preferred her set at the last Bangface.
Yeah I enjoyed Batu to warm up. Helena absolutely smashed it when I saw her previously. Slightly different approach this time around which is fair enough. Yes that Sini soundsystem is good.

Back
Top Bottom