Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen Death: Thread for unhinged Tweets, opinions and behaviour

So is the solution (a) to remove facilities for very much alive people, or (b) ask people to leave their tributes to a very much dead person elsewhere?

It’s next to the town hall steps. Not unreasonable. There’s also another rack opposite it that isn’t suspended. And of course, it’s only cyclists.

Was thinking some of the people closing will be down to staff shortages as anything else - if half your staff want the day off for the bank holiday (half the people at my place are taking the day off and none of them give a shit about the queen) then in lots of cases it's not really possible to open at all

Was thinking some of the people closing will be down to staff shortages as anything else - if half your staff want the day off for the bank holiday (half the people at my place are taking the day off and none of them give a shit about the queen) then in lots of cases it's not really possible to open at all

Food banks generally close on Bank Holidays and are staffed entirely by volunteers. E.g. this place is shut through spring and summer ones News | Kingston Foodbank (which tbf given Easter is all about charity and sacrifice is also a bit shit)

Even hospitals usually wind the hell down at weekends and bank holidays usually. The sudden nature of this holiday is whats causing the issue as people slam the brakes on and do some closures at the last minute to cope with it.

The Center Parcs thing is just insane mind.

Yeah, but with the reduced power of labour circa 2022, bosses usually find a way to bully or cajole their workforce into work if they really want to stay open.

They don't have enough staff prepared to come in to open I'll wager. Everyone I know in the service industry is totally on - often over - the edge staff-wise atm. And it's impossible to source temp staff at this kind of notice

I could understand not taking new bookings but the whole - leave your stuff and come back Tuesday? You'd think that the staff levels would be baked in for that or they'd offer more rates to ensure continuity.

Very odd.

Yeah, but with the reduced power of labour circa 2022, bosses usually find a way to bully or cajole their workforce into work if they really want to stay open.
No-one wants to be in the papers next week after forcing their staff to come in on the day of the funeral. Anyone who wants a day off Monday gets one.

Back
Top Bottom