Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen Death: Thread for unhinged Tweets, opinions and behaviour

FcYizAsXgAA300E

Many of the things that are being cancelled or closed for mourning don't seem to make sense. A cycle rack? Wimbledon Common? etc etc

The Queen’s Park Fayre was on today, the MC asked for a cheer for King Charles, silence followed. Maybe people haven’t lost it yet.

Perhaps without the royals it would have been called the Ecclesiastical Commissioners' Park, so maybe they should have cheered.

I would say that the country had lost its marbles, but it was never particularly sane anyway was it.

It honestly doesn't seem to me (from conversations I've had with people, or people I've seen out and about doing normal stuff) that the population as a whole has lost its marbles at all.

Feels more like the powers that be and the media are imposing this public mourning on us, and most people really don't give a shit (or at most have some vague feelings of sympathy on the basis that her family will be sad, like they were sad when their own mum/gran died etc.). Or round here at least, it seems out of step with most people's concerns which are more likely to be whether they will need to use a food bank this week.

We've had this before but I really thought it was a spoof

1662919015216.png

But it's on the Mail site :thumbs:

"The stunning picture, taken by Becky Luetchford, of the Queen's profile in glowing clouds was taken hours after the Queen passed away"

View attachment 342306

"The stunning picture, taken by Becky Luetchford, of the Queen's profile in glowing clouds was taken hours after the Queen passed away"

1662919900194.png

Just been past Edward's gaff and there's around 30 bunches of flowers laid against the wall next to the gate. Who on earth does that? If they are that much of a mentalist Windsor is only 5 miles away ffs. There's also Old Bill guarding the gate, never normally there, which was a shame as I was heading to my aunt's birthday and could have done with a bunch of flowers for her, had buy an orchid from M&S instead.

Just been past Edward's gaff and there's around 30 bunches of flowers laid against the wall next to the gate. Who on earth does that? If they are that much of a mentalist Windsor is only 5 miles away ffs. There's also Old Bill guarding the gate, never normally there, which was a shame as I was heading to my aunt's birthday and could have done with a bunch of flowers for her, had buy an orchid from M&S instead.
Could always trying Woottoning it :thumbs:

View attachment 342306

What's that, Sooty?

Last edited:

Noticed that this morning on our way to Longacres garden centre.

I think there’s quite a lot of change in the last 10 years. I read somewhere that a lot of white non-British have left in the last couple of years (gone back to Europe etc.).

I lost a lot of work colleagues to Italy, Germany, Ukraine and Spain not that long after Brexit.

In other industries a lot went to Eastern Europe.

Is a side point, obv.
Yep, same here - been mostly alone in the office for over 2 years!

Back
Top Bottom