Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Quantic Dream's Kara

that they've truly pushed forward the boundaries of computer game graphic so now women can be degraded in near photo-realistic hi-def.

that they've truly pushed forward the boundaries of computer game graphic so now women can be degraded in near photo-realistic hi-def.

It's not just hi-def, it's rendering it in real time from motion capture. So it's not just a cg model of a woman being degraded on a screen, there's an actual actress being degraded too.

oh well that's alright then :rolleyes:

I just find it strange that a multi-million pound company, wanting to show-case its (very impressive) graphical engine, choose to do so in a story about a woman submitting to sexual and domestic slavery at pains of death.

oh well that's alright then :rolleyes:

I just find it strange that a multi-million pound company, wanting to show-case its (very impressive) graphical engine, choose to do so in a story about a woman submitting to sexual and domestic slavery at pains of death.

I always find that people who think like this hate women...

Incredible technology, especially for the PS3.
Usual depressing attitude to women from David Cage :(

Incredible technology, especially for the PS3.
Usual depressing attitude to women from David Cage :(
to what now...

no women in that piece dude... robot, or animation...

why must people apply their fucked up morals over life and assume it's others who have issues.

if people see pixels and equate that to attitudes towards women where is that sentiment being created? in the art presented or in the minds of the observer... in which case who's attitude to who now???

The movie in the OP is a short film, written by David Cage, whose previous work, Heavy Rain, also featured a poorly written female character whose apparent purpose in the game was to tease and titilate the male audience. It's a shame because he's one of the few people trying to make this sort of "interactive drama" for an adult audience, but he has a rather teenage attitude to women.

Both heavy ain and this were technical demos, with thin storylines to justify there expense. I hardly think t qualifies, rarely is the story line in any part of a computer game great.

You might as well complain that all the men are badly written as hero baddies etc.

sorry but is it not quite obvious that it's criticising the commodification of women?

I've noticed a trend to accuse writers or directors who show female exploitation to be adjudged as "women hating", for example Lars Von Thiers for Dancer in the Dark and Dogville. Seems fucking stupid, like accusing Ken Loach of hating working class people cos he shows them getting shit on.

sorry but is it not quite obvious that it's criticising the commodification of women?

I've noticed a trend to accuse writers or directors who show female exploitation to be adjudged as "women hating", for example Lars Von Thiers for Dancer in the Dark and Dogville. Seems fucking stupid, like accusing Ken Loach of hating working class people cos he shows them getting shit on.

I showed it to the fen_wife and she gave pretty much the same assessment as you. Though as Crispy points out the author does have form for this sort of thing.

I showed it to the fen_wife and she gave pretty much the same assessment as you. Though as Crispy points out the author does have form for this sort of thing.
Form for poor characterisation and bad writing. Why is this ok for male characters but seemingly an unforgivable sin if they are female.

Seriously biased sexist patricarhal attitudes on display.

What women need is more big brave men like you guys to stand up for their rights oh yes. Been a feminist call for years.

Back
Top Bottom