Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prey - Best Predator Movie since the original

Streaming only because the original 20th Century contract said it must go to HBO if shown in cinemas. Now Disney owns Fox, they don't want that, so straight to Disney+ it goes.
its the feel good disney movie of the century! a one gal and her dog adventure! woof đź’•

this was a great concept, both in its setting and the deeper themes of hunting, but sadly the predator series is surely running out of places to go now...but even when Predator films are trash they are fun and predators themselves always adorable

the back in history angle btw was also done to fairly good effect in this predator v templar knight fan film

i wonder what certificate this wouldve been in the cinemas - 15 i guess? i dont think 18. Seems to be R in the US but that doesnt mean much especially with streaming. I think it could've done with being just a little bit darker. clearly straddling the adult and very young teen line. a few flaws but i enjoyed it a lot.

im no expert on 18th century french trapper accents but i get the feeling they were terrible

Even better than the original, because it had such an interesting portrayal of Comanche life, instead of the usual hyper macho army bollocks Julian Black Antelope Interview: Prey
" I know we shot more than what ended up in the film; a lot of things got trimmed and a couple storylines had to be bumped and so forth. I do hope fans eventually get to see those, perhaps in a director's cut or something, but overall I was super over the moon."

overall i appreciated the 1hr30 run time, popcorn films are too long these days, but yeah, it did feel slightly rushed in places

Thinking about this a bit more today the lead actress who play Neru - Amber Midthunder - yes did a great job, not complaining, but what would've elevated the film was if she had a little bit more range. Her character goes through a massive development arc, and it could've done with a few different facial expressions of heightened fear shock horror pain and surprise once in a while. She tends to just go a bit wide eyed and hope that covers it.
Arnie obviously has zero range but gets away with it as it sort of suits his 2D character.
I liked Prey a lot but it couldve been really brilliant

Just seen The Predator. Plenty of witty dialogue, but they try to extract humour out of building up appealing characters and then slicing them up with maximum gore. What is it? I don't like it. I wish they wouldn't do it. When two of the nice guys are splattered up trees with terminal injuries, and they shoot each other simultaneously in a funny/cosy bonding of bros moment...for heavens' sake. No wonder Americans are so sick. Is being shot to bits funny or sad? Make up your fucking minds.

Just watched it this and enjoyed it. It probably is the best Predator film except for the original which only goes to show that if you get something right the first time then you should call it quits.

Just watched it this and enjoyed it. It probably is the best Predator film except for the original which only goes to show that if you get something right the first time then you should call it quits.

then Terminator 2 wouldn't have happened. Or Aliens or Empire Strikes Back. Or Godfather Part Deux.

That horse has bolted long ago, nearly every film Hollywood produces now is part of a continuing franchise. This also isn't an all or nothing proposition, even if a sequel isn't as good as the original, it still can be enjoyable as Prey shows. Personally I've never been a huge fan of the Predator films and I would rate Prey as the best of them.

Back
Top Bottom