Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prey - Best Predator Movie since the original

It gets a long time to get going, but the final 45 minutes are very good. Not amazing but overall a 7/10 for me and worth watching.

Just watched it. Thought it was alright. I also didn't get the ending. The bit where it showed the Predator's fingers put me off a bit. Like big alien sausages.

10/10 for me, that there is a good predator film. Have to watch again later in the year. love the way they ground the fucker down before naru takes it solo. Rare sighting of chekov's quagmire. Ace film

Last edited:
Jus finished watching it. It was decent but not a patch on the original nor The Predator, the one with the army washouts.

I liked that it did something different but then the pacing was miles off and there were several logic holes in it. 7/10 is my score.

Jus finished watching it. It was decent but not a patch on the original nor The Predator, the one with the army washouts.

I liked that it did something different but then the pacing was miles off and there were several logic holes in it. 7/10 is my score.
The "army washouts" one was awful.

I rated The Predator (army washout one), story was bobbins but the jokes were funny, Busey jnr, get to the choppers etc. I thought it held well enough for a sci fi action film. Prey takes itself a lot more seriously and this is a good thing, I'd rank like this now: Pred 1, Pred 5, Pred 2, Pred 4. No further prizes

Last edited:

There's a basic flaw here...

According to a press release, the Prey filmmakers "were committed to creating a film that provides an accurate portrayal of the Comanche and brings a level of authenticity that rings true to its Indigenous peoples."

Um, they were all speaking in modern American accents. Not in their native language. What exactly was 'accurate' or 'authentic' about the portrayal here?

There's a basic flaw here...

Um, they were all speaking in modern American accents. Not in their native language. What exactly was 'accurate' or 'authentic' about the portrayal here?
I know what you mean but i can't really see disney making it in comanche with english subtitles. :D

Does anyone really know what a native american accent sounded like in 1719? :hmm: (its not like we have recordings from that time)

I know what you mean but i can't really see disney making it in comanche with english subtitles. :D

Does anyone really know what a native american accent sounded like in 1719? :hmm: (its not like we have recordings from that time)

Not sure, but subtitles would've made it much cooler. Mel Gibson managed it with his Jesus movie.

Comanche is one of the language options you can select when watching it, and the language the makers would prefer it to be consumed in, but yeah, Disney.

Fair do's. Didn't realise that. I was a cheapskate and torrented it so didn't get such luxurious options.

Maybe I should have stuck it out for another 20 mins or so before switching it off. The reviews on here and elsewhere are fairly positive.

Regarding the Predator creature here, is it me or does his face look like he’s a different subspecies once the helmet thingy comes off compared to the Predator in the original film? I know some other films in the franchise have featured a different species.

Interesting also to see that he lacks the shoulder-mounted laser gun the original Predator was kitted with. Which I guess could be explained nicely by the fact that this is three centuries ago, and their race hadn’t yet invented such technology.

Regarding the Predator creature here, is it me or does his face look like he’s a different subspecies once the helmet thingy comes off compared to the Predator in the original film? I know some other films in the franchise have featured a different species.

Interesting also to see that he lacks the shoulder-mounted laser gun the original Predator was kitted with. Which I guess could be explained nicely by the fact that this is three centuries ago, and their race hadn’t yet invented such technology.
I googled this immediately after watching. Referred to as a 'Feral Predator' apparently:
https://screenrant.com/rey-movie-feral-predator-variant/

Exclude. Its a good concept, theres been some excellent AvP games and comics. There hasn't been a good film yet
Why haven’t we had a Predator vs Terminator film yet anyway? Massive actor and fan base crossover between the three franchises already, and even the low-tech T-800 model would be more than a worthy opponent to a Predator.

We could also have an Alien-Terminator-Predator Battle Royale film, so long as the premise is plausible and can justify all three being at the same place and time.

Why haven’t we had a Predator vs Terminator film yet anyway? Massive actor and fan base crossover between the three franchises already, and even the low-tech T-800 model would be more than a worthy opponent to a Predator.

We could also have an Alien-Terminator-Predator Battle Royale film, so long as the premise is plausible and can justify all three being at the same place and time.
Dark Horse did great crossover stuff. Hollywood, not so much :mad:

There is a version that was made with dubbed Comanche. I've watched it earlier today and quite enjoyed it.

It's on Disney+ under the "Extras" tab.

My friend said the lip-sync was out but I didn't spot it. I believe that all the actors that were Comanche, were dubbing their own characters, adding to the authenticity.

I watched it without English subtitles, because I didn't want all the stupid "[Dog Barks]" closed captions, but that was even better because in that kind of film, it adds to the tension if I'm out of my comfort zone.

I loved the drum beats when the drama was getting more tense, it kinda reminded of the Brazillian football team on the attack where their drums get faster and faster - reminded me of similar trick in aliens with that movement detector.

Wot no zombies? 🙄

not really. he has laser pointed arrows. The director explained the absence of it.

"The primary thing that I wanted to remove was the plasma caster," Trachtenberg confirmed with Empire Magazine. "Just because it just felt like such an instant win button. I wanted to make sure that the fight could be as exciting as possible without stripping it of its advantages. He doesn't have all the tools that he has in the newer movies. But he does have awesome new gadgets for people to see."

Back
Top Bottom