Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Premiership restart June 2020 - where the games are being televised

Makes me wonder how much the players and/or referee are influenced by the crowd. Without the huge support behind them the players might not kick up such a fuss.....going to be in interesting few weeks.

Not on the BBC though - being available on Sky Pick means that people simply won't watch it, even if it is free to air.
I can't find Sky Pick on my Sony Android TV (I've got YouView which hasn't got it it listed). Anyone know how I can access the game?
Or watch it online, dodgy like?

Anyone seen the official var statement? In a nutshell is says the goalkeeper and defenders blocked the view of the cameras . Who’d have thought a goal keeper and defenders might be near the goal for goal line technology ?

Anyone watched with the fake crowd noise?

It's fucking awful. :D

I thought this, however someone put the "crowd on the other side of the pitch thinks its gone in" noise in the earlier game so now I am in favour of it.

I watch non-league so I'm used to minimal crowd noise. Fake pretend chanting? No thanks.

Plus I like being able to hear what the bench are saying.
I’m used to watching games at all levels so am used to watching with no crowd too but I think it’s the fact that it is in an enclosed space that it sounds so odd without the crowd noise. It’s more like watching a reserve team match when there are very few fans in a large stadium and everything echos. When watching live football, even with little crowd, there are normally other noises/things that distract from the silence.

I watch non-league so I'm used to minimal crowd noise. Fake pretend chanting? No thanks.

Plus I like being able to hear what the bench are saying.
I tend to stand behind the goal at Winchester City - hearing the "banter" between players and with the ref is half the fun.

I’m used to watching games at all levels so am used to watching with no crowd too but I think it’s the fact that it is in an enclosed space that it sounds so odd without the crowd noise. It’s more like watching a reserve team match when there are very few fans in a large stadium and everything echos. When watching live football, even with little crowd, there are normally other noises/things that distract from the silence.
It is weird, I agree. I don't really see any way around it though - and I'm glad they're playing at all. Everton Liverpool at the weekend will be particularly odd with nobody there mind you.

Do fellow non-league fans agree with me that an August start to lower league football, with a, say, 500 crowd limit, before prem/league clubs can let fans in, could be a major boost to non league clubs? Think of all those football fans turning up at grass roots football because it's the only match they can go to locally.
It won't help conference clubs much, but at step 4 (us) and below, a 500 crowd would be a really big deal cash wise.

Do fellow non-league fans agree with me that an August start to lower league football, with a, say, 500 crowd limit, before prem/league clubs can let fans in, could be a major boost to non league clubs? Think of all those football fans turning up at grass roots football because it's the only match they can go to locally.
It won't help conference clubs much, but at step 4 (us) and below, a 500 crowd would be a really big deal cash wise.
It might work, and I’d certainly feel safer watching the local non-league teams standing around the pitch than in a stand at a league ground but as Voley said, not sure, if too many would be convinced to go, especially if there is more football being shown on TV as well.

I watched a bit of the Colchester game with no crowd noise and maybe because lower league games have fewer crowds (or possibly because of the smaller stadium) it didn’t seem as bad with no background noise tonight.

Back
Top Bottom