Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post your new tunes (z)

Here's one I made in a few hours using a new method. Hopefully will help me complete more songs, and be less perfectionist and critical.

It's Italo inspired, with a bit of a trancey feel :)

Love it. Would hold the dance floor, for sure.
What’s yer new method, if you don’t mind me asking?

Love it. Would hold the dance floor, for sure.
What’s yer new method, if you don’t mind me asking?
Thanks! 🙏

It's the sequencing. I'm fine at coming up with ideas but I get stuck when sequencing the loops I've created and end up starting a new track and never finishing.

So for this, I just pressed record and stopped/started/muted the tracks whenever I felt it needed it. One take and it came out better than loads of other tunes I've made. It's a bit basic, given there's no transitions as such, but could always go in and add them after.

For now, though, I'm just going to concentrate on just getting them 'finished', regardless of how basic.

Thanks! 🙏

It's the sequencing. I'm fine at coming up with ideas but I get stuck when sequencing the loops I've created and end up starting a new track and never finishing.

So for this, I just pressed record and stopped/started/muted the tracks whenever I felt it needed it. One take and it came out better than loads of other tunes I've made. It's a bit basic, given there's no transitions as such, but could always go in and add them after.

For now, though, I'm just going to concentrate on just getting them 'finished', regardless of how basic.
Nice. I do similar but only when I can stop obsessing over the loop, which is rarely.

Been messing about with this stuff since early nineties and finished only a handful of tracks.

Still, immense fun 🤩

Here's one I made in a few hours using a new method. Hopefully will help me complete more songs, and be less perfectionist and critical.

bit of an early 80s electro feel. nice :)

How did you generate the AI art? That's something I'd like to do.

I missed this earlier. I'm using Night Cafe.

The annoying thing is it will only generate images up to 890 pixels square. (Something like that.) And I have to enlarge them in Paint, which I presume makes them start to look blocky. Bandcamp as you prob know suggest 1400 and DistroKid 3000.

Are you using the Behringer 808 cone for drums? IIRC you got one or is something else?

I missed this earlier. I'm using Night Cafe.

The annoying thing is it will only generate images up to 890 pixels square. (Something like that.) And I have to enlarge them in Paint, which I presume makes them start to look blocky. Bandcamp as you prob know suggest 1400 and DistroKid 3000.
There are a lot of people that really don't like the use of AI art, but for struggling (ie poor) musicians on Bandcamp? Anyway, I think there's ways to use it without being too much of a wanker :D

Are you using the Behringer 808 cone for drums? IIRC you got one or is something else?
I do have one, but I think this tune was all software. From memory, I think it was the Linn Drum pack in Ableton, with the open hats swapped maybe.

It's that time again.

Almost exclusively using a moog emulation called The Legend which honestly sounds better than the real thing.

Due to popular demand I've linked a permanent version of the video I posted last (Midnight Mines guest slot, clarinet 1st ever performance)

Last edited:
Latest band finally got some sutff recorded. Semi live session in my shed. vocals and a bit of keyboard on one track added afterwards. Pretty pleased! Took it to a sound engineer freind afterwards and hes done a lovely job on it. Feebback appreicated!

Tim Dawtry and the Liberators - Shed Sessions

Particualy please with track 3 "A Little Sugar" - we got a guest vocalist in and shes sounds like Shirley Bassey! Combined with the tremelo guitar its like some John Barry bond tune!

Latest band finally got some sutff recorded. Semi live session in my shed. vocals and a bit of keyboard on one track added afterwards. Pretty pleased! Took it to a sound engineer freind afterwards and hes done a lovely job on it. Feebback appreicated!

Tim Dawtry and the Liberators - Shed Sessions

Particualy please with track 3 "A Little Sugar" - we got a guest vocalist in and shes sounds like Shirley Bassey! Combined with the tremelo guitar its like some John Barry bond tune!

Bella has a great voice! Suits the song perfectly.

Last edited:
I thought I might make a new album this year, this is the first of the dozen or so songs planned for it. Not totally finished yet, but near enough for now. Enough to encourage me to go on with the rest anyway :thumbs:

not funded for blankets | mojo pixy

fwiw, the lyrics...

I don't care if this sounds cold
But I don't want you to get too old
Unless you've got a lot of gold,
Or a nice big full-of-love household.
'Cause when you're old you lose your voice
Things start to happen where you have no choice.
Here's a thought for you, girls and boys:
There are worse things than dying,
Please imagine lying
Every day in your own poo,
Till someone comes to clean you,
Whenever they find the time
(and they're not always very kind...)

Wake up when we wake you, not when you want,
Take you to bed 'fore the night shift comes on.
If you keep falling over your walking frame's gone
'Cause there's no-one to spare to watch you wander.
Only time for a shower so you don't get a bath,
Can't take you to the toilet 'cause there's not enough staff
(Not enough staff again? you're having a laugh!
There's not enough staff to even have a laugh...)
Not enough staff to chat or play games,
They change so fast you can't learn their names,
They wear a mask you can't see their face,
They've got tattoos all over the place,
And they'll write a report if you don't do what they say.

No there's not enough staff, it's rule number half
'Cause it's not about care it's about the profits,
About the profits, about the profits,
I'll say it again, i can't say it enough!
It's about the profits, not for love,
It's our mums and dads and one day it's us.
We'll be the meat for someone's table,
We'll be the cash cow of human kindness.

But it's not the people doing the care
Who are making all the money in there,
Not even the manager in the big shoes
(if it all goes wrong they've got a lot to lose...)
If you want to make money in social care,
You want to invest in a building where care gets done,
Separate from a 'care provider', which is a front
For a property company that charges rent
Millions in funding for residents
Guaranteed by the government
Becomes directors' bonuses and dividends...

While the residents watch TV all sitting in a line
'Cause there's not enough staff and they don't have time.
So don't get old 'cause nobody says thanks,
And don't get cold 'cause you're not funded for blankets.

This is a rework of a little blues song I made during one of the 2020 lockdowns. Now quite different, and I think better.

(...if Marcel Proust had made A la Recherche du Temps Perdu into a 3-min R&B song...)

back | mojo pixy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom