Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PLAY-OFF FINAL: Dulwich Hamlet v Hendon - Monday 7th May 3pm

Baking already. Not a day for anyone lacking fitness. Personally I agreed with choosing Tomlin on Thursday - he looked best of all our strikers against Margate and he’s undeniably a class apart in terms of vision - but I’d be starting Reise and Dipo today, and saving Tomlin for coming on to see out the 2-0.
What the fuck do I know.
YEEEEASSSS!!

Congratulations. Although we were as gutted as you were ecstatic over the course of the season the league table doesn't lie and with your ten point advantage it would have been harder for you to take.
Hopefully we'll play you again soon, either in a cup next season or in the National South in the future, and finally what a great advert for the non league game, nearly a full house, I wasn't aware of any trouble at all and we still managed to swap ends at half time despite the place being so rammed.
Safe travels to Truro etc, until next time!

Just got back from my 30th and last Dulwich game of this or any other season. Left the ground at five past three as I could not stand being surrounded by glory hunters, imposters and cunts. Good luck next season Dulwich whatever league you are playing in.

Were you standing behind the goal, front and centre?

FANTASTIC SUPPORT TODAY
Watched the game with a mate and a partially disabled chap , because of this and we had a good spot did not move as might have been harder to get a good view at the other end for him.
I thought the support was magnificent from the Dulwich rabble , would have been nice to have a close up of the penalties but still happy
Had a few beers in the weatherspoon at Tooting broadway then home.
Great to see some old faces and many babys as well argh ha.
Went in the main stand to see the presentation at the end , well done to the stewards and Mishi and the crowd for moving back.
The players seemed really together and enjoing themselves.
The Game ? , i think Dulwich just deserved it , hitting the bar twice and a few near misses.
I wonder after that near miss just before the goal were some thinking "here we go"
ok in the end all worked out well
And we move on.

Really pleased amadou tangara made such an impact on proceedings during penalties .
To answer the "dodgy keeper" accolades in the most emphatic and poetic way possible.

I loved the log with a scarf being passed around the stand and the 'To Truro and Beyond' sign and I was partial to the 1970s style toilet roll lobbed on to the goal :D

Oh, and although it's great that there were so many video-making people given pitchside access, they need to learn some football etiquette and not stand up right in front of the goal or next to the goalposts with their fancy gear and block the view for others. The 'official' photographers (who were sitting on the grass) were getting well pissed off and kept asking them to move out of the way.

Hey, folks.

Today chafes. It chafes badly. We gVe absolutely everything this afternoon and a couple of us thought the ‘dodgy keeper’ rhetoric from a section of our support would come and bite us in the knackers.

We know what It is like to not go up after having a ten point advantage over your opponents and for that alone I am pleased you achieved what you have. You deserved to go up over 46 matches, well done. Tbh, I think you shaded the game overall.

You’ll be fine in the Conference South with this side, I hope you can keep it together and add one or two shrewdly.

And that is where you and we differ I feel. Some of your fans were very gracious in victory and expressed hope that we might join you this time next year - yet the challenge for us is to somehow keep this side together... Even in comparison to yourselves our wage bill is a fraction and there are hawks gathering around our squad.

I guess challenges differ for you and for us. For you it is the pursuit back to your rightful home, Champion Hill and to progress in the NLS.

For us it is to maintain the growth off the pitch and keep as many for the squad and management at the club as we can.

I am a natural pessimist and fear the worst. For us the worst is that Gary McCann feels that he can’t go through the rigmarole of trying to build another side and leaves.

For you, I genuinely think the sky is blue (and pink). What you have in terms of supporter base ought to stand you in good stead.

Good luck, I’ll be along sometime next season to see how you do and see Blitzwalker and DulwichHammer and Pete.

Enjoy today and the afterglow, you richly deserve it.

Hey, folks.

Today chafes. It chafes badly. We gVe absolutely everything this afternoon and a couple of us thought the ‘dodgy keeper’ rhetoric from a section of our support would come and bite us in the knackers.

We know what It is like to not go up after having a ten point advantage over your opponents and for that alone I am pleased you achieved what you have. You deserved to go up over 46 matches, well done. Tbh, I think you shaded the game overall.

You’ll be fine in the Conference South with this side, I hope you can keep it together and add one or two shrewdly.

And that is where you and we differ I feel. Some of your fans were very gracious in victory and expressed hope that we might join you this time next year - yet the challenge for us is to somehow keep this side together... Even in comparison to yourselves our wage bill is a fraction and there are hawks gathering around our squad.

I guess challenges differ for you and for us. For you it is the pursuit back to your rightful home, Champion Hill and to progress in the NLS.

For us it is to maintain the growth off the pitch and keep as many for the squad and management at the club as we can.

I am a natural pessimist and fear the worst. For us the worst is that Gary McCann feels that he can’t go through the rigmarole of trying to build another side and leaves.

For you, I genuinely think the sky is blue (and pink). What you have in terms of supporter base ought to stand you in good stead.

Good luck, I’ll be along sometime next season to see how you do and see Blitzwalker and DulwichHammer and Pete.

Excellent sandwiches at your place from the tea bar. I hope the manager stays. That's all that matters.

Could you hear us at the other end?

Hey, folks.

John, you know how I feel about Hendon. A truly classy old-school outfit with values that we all share. You and your fellow Greens deserve to go from strength to strength next season. I hope that Gary sticks it out and I hope that Simon and the team can fend off the vultures preying on some of your better players. Two famous old clubs battled it out there today who couldn’t be separated ovet 120 minutes. No disgrace in losing on penalties and i truly hope that twelve months hence, you’ll be joining us in Conference Sarf (as we will henceforth call it!)

Excellent sandwiches at your place from the tea bar. I hope the manager stays. That's all that matters.

Could you hear us at the other end?

Were you singing? I’m a little hard of hearing and couldn’t tell...

Just kidding. Your support and singing, particularly through the second half and extra time wasn’t unnoticed.

A brilliant turn out and a fan base that deserves higher level football

What a day! I've got to admit that when Hendon's goal went in I thought we were in for another playoff disappointment, but we fought back (and were unlucky not to go in front a couple of times). Penalties weren't how I had imagined this would happen,but it was an incredibly emotional way to win.

We went for a celebratory curry on lordship lane, and came across the fans and players on goose green roundabout by accident, but it was an incredible way to end the night, with the fans and players celebrating together.

Here's to next season!

John, you know how I feel about Hendon. A truly classy old-school outfit with values that we all share. You and your fellow Greens deserve to go from strength to strength next season. I hope that Gary sticks it out and I hope that Simon and the team can fend off the vultures preying on some of your better players. Two famous old clubs battled it out there today who couldn’t be separated ovet 120 minutes. No disgrace in losing on penalties and i truly hope that twelve months hence, you’ll be joining us in Conference Sarf (as we will henceforth call it!)

Thanks Steve, a gent to the end.

Top club, top fans, top folk running. Just like ourselves. Look forward to visiting in the new season.

Home and tea, for once you’ve deserved it!

Just got back from my 30th and last Dulwich game of this or any other season. Left the ground at five past three as I could not stand being surrounded by glory hunters, imposters and cunts. Good luck next season Dulwich whatever league you are playing in.
New member you say?

Also, you got liked by Billericay's angriest, and arguably least attractive, virgin. Sorry to have got promoted without you.

Back
Top Bottom