Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

PLAY-OFF FINAL: Dulwich Hamlet v Hendon - Monday 7th May 3pm

I'd give MotM to Green, personally, but a lot of contenders that I wouldn't complain about getting the gong.

There was one bloke hovering around the edge of the penalty box with a fancy contraption during the penalty shootout, moving around in the keeper's field of vision. He was annoying me from the back of the terrace. I wish the referee had told him to fuck off.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 16.29.23.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 16.29.23.png
    735 KB · Views: 43
Yes that's him. I could see you and another photographer in pink hi-viz vests well outside the penalty area during the shoot--out and that bloke seemed to be moving around between you and those taking kicks from the penalty mark. If it had been a penalty in normal play he was almost encroaching into the box. And he looks like a bloody hipster with his flamboyant hair and state-of-the-art electronic equipment. These bloody hipsters are ruining football.

Yep. Fucking idiot. Treated the game like it was his personal photo shoot. He couldn't even be arsed to put on a tabard either.

"Fucking idiot" is a bit much. He was doing his job, following a brief.
I disagree. The other photographers were there doing their jobs too, but none of them were constantly standing up and getting in the way and almost walking on to the pitch. It's disrespectful to the crowd behind the goal and it's disrespectful to the other photographers, whose job he made far more difficult.

If you're working pitchside, there's no excuse for not wearing a proper hi-viz tabard too.

Very good i thought that vlog
Some of this stuff nowadays that ordinary football fans are doing are of very good quality
Have to say again the Support was excellent.
Personally i like Tootings ground

Great shot of me in the vlog at 5 mins going mental! Didn't even notice him videoing right in front of me!

Here we are:

DULWICH HAMLET 1 - 1 HENDON (4-3 after penalties), Playoff Final | Facebook

32170035_1819300874843567_4284305013917876224_o.jpg

Another great report from DHFCTV

The DHFCTV highlights of the play-off final against Hendon, penalties, pitch invasion, player interviews and party outside the East Dulwich Tavern is fantastic. Watch it over and over again. Should get an award.

Hi everyone,

I've said it before but will say again, thank you all so much for watching and supporting the channel. Without your continued viewing it would be nothing, and now I hope you can enjoy this video for years and years to come. We may be a two man team but Jamal deserves all the plaudits, he films, sacrifices his Saturday nights to stay up and edit, and has to remove countless commentary gaffes every game. Rest assured we are already working on summer projects behind the scenes, and I am excited and honoured to be able to bring you coverage of (hopefully) every game in our debut National League South season. In four short years I have gone from knowing nothing about the club to crying when Dipo scored, Dulwich Hamlet has become a huge part of my life, and so have all the fans.

Thanks again x

I still can't really comprehend that we're going to the Conference South, even after 4 days.

I know play offs are never the ideal way to go up (everyone wants to win the title), but I actually think I'm enjoying this promotion more than our championship winning season in 2013. To go through everything we've gone through off the pitch and to still go up is absolutely incredible and the futility of Meadow's spite makes it an even sweeter victory. We've not got the second highest budget in the league either (no, Kevin Rye, we haven't), not by a long shot, so to out-think and out-fight the rest of the pack is a great achievement in itself. What a crowd to win the play offs in front of, as well.

It's bloody great to put the whole 'bottlers' label to rest, too. Not only have we won the play offs, but we did it via penalties - neither of which are bottler-friendly ways of going up!

A magnificent achievement. Well done to everyone, from Scrooge to Preston, from Gav to the committee. I look forward to seeing who we sign, what friendlies we get and taking on the likes of Bath and Torquay next season (so basically all of it).

Last edited:
We picked up a Sainsbury’s bag containing the Altona-Dulwich zine and a tonne of stickers left at the EDT.... any idea who they might belong to?

Stats

I was trying to work out the exact time we were promoted

ie Dipo Akinyemi’s winning penalty kick

The Club tweeted promotion at 5:47pm

so calling it at 5:46pm on 7th My 2018

Unless, someone has better information

Back
Top Bottom