Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Places of interest around bristol.

Blaise Castle estate is always pretty good fun. You can go for walks in the woods down to the old watermill. There's a big open space to play games, eat ice creams etc. Then there's the actual Blaise Castle which is a bit boring but the walk up there is pretty cool. Oh yeah, and there's a small museum at the Blaise house which is reasonably interesting if you're into that kind of thing.

You can pick up a key at the house that unlocks the Roman farmhouse site on Kings Weston Ave / Long Cross. In the shed there is kept a small collection of Roman items and mosaics.

Last edited:
Couple of vinyards down near Wells with some decent wine now. English sparkling and decent bachus.

Wookey hole and Cheddar gorge.

Walks on the Mendips looking for shrooms!

Biking to Bath and even Bradford on Avon always fun if you wanna suffer a bit.

Went to Avebury last year too and really enjoyed it, bit twee but very interesting.

You can pick up a key at the house that unlocks the Roman farmhouse site on Kings Weston Ave / Long Cross. In the shed there is kept a small collection of Roman items and mosaics.
I grew up in Lawrence Weston so had many a school trip to the Roman Villa as a kid :D

Whoever's into quality beer, I have as good a list of the better beer-friendly Bristol pubs** as anyone does who doesn't live in Bristol.

**mainly central Bristol, but still.

Can offer highlights, if this is of any interest to people visiting Bristol. I organise an annual trip for pub 'research' :p from Swansea to Bristol for a few of our local CAMRA types.

Our Swansea CAMRA trip is now confirmed for Saturday 7th April.

The Saturday after Easter Saturday -- as the 30th March is not officially called :D

Join us if you wish.

I know almost all Bristol pubs well, and I can send you a list/map/bunch of links if needed :) :cool:

Any new things people would recommend round these parts? Or more unknown stuff? I seen the avon railway is set to close and never been before, so might try and go before xmas..

Any new things people would recommend round these parts? Or more unknown stuff? I seen the avon railway is set to close and never been before, so might try and go before xmas..
Do you mean the West Somerset Railway? Not heard anything about the Avon Valley Railway closing...

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, Windmill Hill city farm in bedminster is really good, especially if you have littluns. You could make a day of it following east street into North St and following the upfest graffiti, which really takes some effort to look for - but is rewarding nonetheless :) there's a map overlay somewhere online..

Wake the Tiger is boss, incidentally.

(This is where I find put its a Tory Land Grab, or is sponsored by BAE, or something.)

Wasn't sure where to put this. New Bristol edition Monopoly board

1699541116053.png

Reddit don't like it: eg "It's just a bunch of adverts, none of the location have anything in common and the graphic design is awful."

The picture of the M shed on that shitty Monopoly board reminded me of this Lego version which was at the Bristol Brick Show at the cricket ground a few weeks ago. Worth going to if you’re into your Lego, they do it every year, dead friendly and raises money for charidee too.

IMG_4103.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom