Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Places of interest around bristol.

Walking down the river on the other side from bristol, under the bridge and out towards avonmouth is pretty nice n worth doing.

Or cycling - in which case you can then pop over the bridge and make an interesting round trip around the Severn area ... the roads are nice and qyuiet on a Sunday .. and you can go quite a way just on dedicated car-free lanes.

Lamplighter shut?! Aw man I used to go meet my mate who live in shire there on Thursdays. Used to get the crappy train back to Easton. The 22:22 ghost train. No-one got on, no one got off... but it stopped at each station, rumbling through the night... *mystical wind noises*

would definitely recommend the cube microplex cinema on dove street south near stokes croft. quite hard to find but a gem of a place, went to a zombie b movie showing there on friday and it was a right hoot.

would definitely recommend the cube microuplex cinema on dove street south near stokes croft. quite hard to find but a gem of a place, went to a zombie b movie showing there on friday and it was a right hoot.

Seconded

Also went to the 'secret' bar at the top of park street last night, think its called Hyde & Co. Anyway, was actually at a wedding so was there for about an hour or so, but basically its set up like a speak easy, so you've got ring a bell, someone checks you out through a hole in the door before letting you in.

Inside, initially it kind of looked like a strip club, lots of red and black with very little light-but maybe thats just me.
Drinks were a bit pricey, a bottle of beer and a glass wine came to 8.50, and i got the feeling that later on it ponsy student hipster cunts, but overall i quite liked it.

Anyone else been

Surely anywhere in Bristol near water with a floating log is a must right now.

Went to Stanton Drew when I was back in the south west. Suggested it to my dad, dont think he'd ever heard of it, and first I knew was a friend saying she went there for solstice sunrise.

Really recommended if you like going n looking at stone circle type things. No fucker there hardly n very pleasant countryside. Decent pub with a big garden too, which you'll struggle to stay away from cos some of the stones are in their garden!

Much more accessible from Briz than Avebury n Stone Henge btw. On the road out to the airport.

Anyone noticed little black trees on the side of buildings? I've seen a few now.
One in hotwells and one on north st to name a couple

Noahs Ark is amazing.. I've always been here..

We've been there once. my dad, a fundamentalist atheist, refused to go in and sat in the car, whereas I, with two zoo-happy kids to placate, went in.

I did however go to great efforts to drop the biggest turd possible in the bogs - my intention was to cost them as much in plumbers fees as they'd taken from me in entrance fees to this loon-fest.

Never been back.

Back
Top Bottom