Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Wondering what danny la rouge will make of this. Yesterday we went to Safari's in Haywards Heath. A small independent with a wood fired oven. The staff were great, it had a wood fired pizza oven and sold my favourite wine by the glass, Bolney Bacchus. Top marks.
This was chorizo with goats cheese and spicey honey.
View attachment 428156
View attachment 428157
This was my desert, cholocale calzone. It was the pizza version of a proffitero roll.View attachment 428158

I looked that up, Tesco reckons it's 2 servings, they've clearly never seen my SO eat pizza. (He once ate 2 pizzas when we went to a nice pizzeria, 1 for firsts and 1 for afters).

If I suggested something that size to share, I think he'd consider it grounds for divorce :D
Dear Epona you SO is not the only one who has eaten 2 pizzas at one sitting. Above is one of my recent efforts 😂

Thr Crosta & Mollica named in the article really are a step up from everything else frozen. And they're not too hideously expensive in Costco. I sort of alternate between that in winter and using the outdoor pizza oven in summer. The outdoor oven is a massive faff, but the results are well worth it.
I really like their Florentina- mushrooms, spinach, garlic.

Last edited:
Great, but, there are many other good small indie pizzerias around as well.
He'll want to stick with that because he's been there before and it can be difficult to get him to try something new - especially for a special occasion.
I did suggest a couple of other places to try but it was a firm No so I won't push it :D

Two from UK!!! Anyone ever been?

• 94. Stile Napoletano, Chester, England
  • 5. Napoli on the Road, London
Yes. Been to both Napoli's on the road; twice.
It was started by a bloke who was recently named best pizza chef in UK.
5 best pizzeria in the world as well.

Back
Top Bottom